Hacking through network

"Copy emails, documents, web pages, PDF files, and more; paste them into Speak it!, and have the text spoken back to you..." This is from the Details page of the app. I did not download it.

In any case, (going back to the topic...) this is very far from hacking. Hacking is finding new ways to use or achieving new results with existing tools, outside the intended design or outcome of the tools. To accomplish this, a hacker needs: a.) enough knowledge with the tools and b.) enough creativity to not be limited by existing tools. So knowledge does have a part here, and not a small part. :)

iPhone Backup Extractor - Software Informer. iPhone Backup Extractor can recover contacts, pictures, call histories, etc.

this can access the phones backup which contains sms, call history and so on? It would be easy to decompile and use some of the code to make a quick hack.

How to explore an iPhone application bundle - Mac OS X Hints

here is a quick guide to decompiling apps.
Your making hacking sound like some mystical activity when in fact hacking is easier than programming. Have you ever heard the saying “ its easy to find the problem but harder to find a solution”. Hackers just find problems to exploit for gains.

African kids learn to read, hack Android on OLPC fondleslab ? The Register

If anything, this article should demonstrate that knowledge is not needed to become a hacker, just determination, and yes, I know its not an iphone.

I know you probably have an iphone and this is troubling to hear but you need to smell the roses. Iphone is the most common phone used in the world. If you want a secure phone, use a phone that is very uncommon as to not be so easy to understand and hack.

How to Remote Wipe an iPhone or iPad

you're living in a dream world

Critical iOS vulnerability in Configuration Profiles pose malware threat - Hacking News

Where do I begin...

Firstly, the backup extractor? That's not even an app from the App Store. It's just a parser used to change the format of backup files already made. How is this even a security issue?

And the second link... What, we are scared of file exploration now?

Look, I am a busy guy. I am here to contribute and learn. I expect the people I converse with to at least read the stuff they post.

You claim that hacking does not require knowledge. You have a serious misunderstanding of what hacking really is, but you are not open to correction. You call me a mystic. Your citation is irrelevant -- and I don't know if you just don't get it or you were in a hurry, but you don't seem to have read what you posted.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but if this is the quality of discussion that we are having, then you can count me out.

Where do I begin...

Firstly, the backup extractor? That's not even an app from the App Store. It's just a parser used to change the format of backup files already made. How is this even a security issue?

And the second link... What, we are scared of file exploration now?

Look, I am a busy guy. I am here to contribute and learn. I expect the people I converse with to at least read the stuff they post.

You claim that hacking does not require knowledge. You have a serious misunderstanding of what hacking really is, but you are not open to correction. You call me a mystic. Your citation is irrelevant -- and I don't know if you just don't get it or you were in a hurry, but you don't seem to have read what you posted.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but if this is the quality of discussion that we are having, then you can count me out.

Ok, lets start over.

The top example wasn't the best but the decompiling resource explorer method is very valid. What's stopping someone from using this method to inject their own commands and recompiling it?

You're not making sense when you say I don't understand what hacking is. The term hack is a cultural term only and the proper meaning does not refer to computers at all.

My underlining point is still the same. Hacking does not require a “knowledgeable person “.

What knowledge does it take to install a keylogger and use the captured passwords to access the targets emails, facebook and so on. By most cultural definitions I just hacked there email and facebook. The fact is that because iphone is so common it makes it very easy to find communities and information online to hack and take advantage of the vulnerabilities.

I am sorry I didn't give you exact example of how to hack the iphone but I think if I did, I would be banned or at least warned for sharing tips on how to hack.
The answer to the op's question is, yes, It is very easy to hack an iphone if you install applications.

And is that possible that someone can hack in my computer if I play online games without getting in websites? (like games and stuff...)

it is very possible through java vulnerabilities, malicious code in the online games client application, pirated games like in this article and many more.

90% of pirated games are infected with Malware - Hacking News

whether you have been hacker or are hacked is a different question. Do you suspect that someone has hacked your computer?

You have nothing to contribute on the subject except for false information. Have fun with your FUD. I have unsubscribed this thread.

iPhone is unlikely to be exploited to the extent of losing control of your phone if you do not JB. PC, on the other hand, depend on a lot more circumstances (usually related to user behaviour and mentality) because in general, users are given more control.

i agree with this.

JB'd iPhone maybe. This is simply not true for iPhone in its default state.

but when you said this about accessing sms history and so on is wrong.

You are upset that a user posted negative to what you were saying and it set you off. You are wrong for thinking that iphones are some top of the line security devices. News flash, they aren't. and I don't think you understand what a jail break is.
A jail break wouldn't give applications access to the iphones system. A jail break just makes the ROM part of the phone accessible to install or modify with a computer. So even with a jail break, if the os hasn't been altered the phone is 100% the same as it was out of the box until you modify the rom.

Back
Top Bottom