hackers

AOL is a costly ISP. I don't need all those bells and whistles. I switched to NetZero for a spell then got DSL from BellSouth. Now not to sound like a shameless plug for them BUT that's money well spent.

It's probably just bots/zombies scanning IP ranges. You'd have to stop millions of compromised computers to get it to quit. Good luck reporting them all.

Actually, broadband is usually less secure, because of it being always on (I have Roadrunner Cable). If you have Broadband, get a broadband router, and run a virus program (I have a D-Link DI 524, and run AVG Free) And, you might also try the online scanners from time to time also http://housecall.antivirus.com

SF here is right on the nose with less secure. Besides a router firewall you need to have a software firewall like ZA free. A allways on virus scanner is another good thing to have. Like McAfee.

Nice. Small memory footprint. Went about it's business with no noticeable drag on the system. I had it on a p1/66 and a p3/600b and my p4/2.4. Ran great. But you have to keep it updated regular or like any brand you may get caught with your pants down.

Back
Top Bottom