Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via Skype™ to ComputerGirl90
Default Got hacked into Facebook!!

I got hacked into Facebook not to long ago and every time I kept changing my password, the hacker kept figuring it out. I had to make a new Facebook profile.

I am warning people about this because some of my other friends are having the same problem. Make sure you secure your Facebook profile as well as you can. Be careful who you send friend request to as well as accept friend request.

Has anyone else here have or had that problem?

ComputerGirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Got hacked into Facebook!!

I've seen this happen only when people click on an app that requires a password. Assuming you were not tricked into giving up your password (and thus your account, social engineers are smart) then this would be a first.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
I've seen this happen only when people click on an app that requires a password. Assuming you were not tricked into giving up your password (and thus your account, social engineers are smart) then this would be a first.
No. I have never downloaded an app that requires my password. I know better. Somebody got my password. I still don't know how.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

With the right timing it's relitivly easy. The hashes can be sniffed, or if you're really unlucky someone can steal your session all together which gives a hacker access to everything. If you're really interested, you can find more about it here: Session hijacking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Computergirl,

How strong was your password? I had that problem one time when I wasn't careful to make my password hard but after fixing that problem it didn't happen again. One of my family members had the problem as well and I told them to make the password super hard and it worked.

Oscar
Oscar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
In Runtime

Thanks all for your help. I made a new Facebook and made a strong password. And I even set my security higher. Thanks all so much!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Make sure that your connections are encrypted and you only type your password into your facebook account it's self.

For example, if you look at the address bar when you're on the facebook login screen, you should have a little picture of a padlock to the left, and it should tell you who verifies the secure connection.

For example, when one logs into eBay...

Old 05-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
Make sure that your connections are encrypted and you only type your password into your facebook account it's self.

For example, if you look at the address bar when you're on the facebook login screen, you should have a little picture of a padlock to the left, and it should tell you who verifies the secure connection.

For example, when one logs into eBay...

Thanks!! So much!!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #9
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGirl90 View Post
I got hacked into Facebook not to long ago and every time I kept changing my password, the hacker kept figuring it out. I had to make a new Facebook profile.

I am warning people about this because some of my other friends are having the same problem. Make sure you secure your Facebook profile as well as you can. Be careful who you send friend request to as well as accept friend request.

Has anyone else here have or had that problem?
If they keep figuring out your password again and again, it's probably because they hacked your computer, not your facebook account. Basically, one attack I know of is where the attacker changes your local DNS which basically means that every time you type in Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More, it will look like the Facebook page in every single way and even say facebook.com in the url bar, but it is NOT facebook, it's the attackers own page and every time you log in to facebook, you log in to his own site and then he clocks what you entered and then redirects you to your facebook account so you're none the wiser.

If this is the case, you should be aware that they can do this to anything whatsoever that you use, even paypal.
Django Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
Beta Member

You probably have been ratted.

Scan your system.

The Pazician is offline   Reply With Quote