Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
BSOD

Default Goolag! Hacking baby ;)

Thats right Goolag! This application is created by the good old boys from cDc which is, (cult of the dead cow) for the people who don't know. They are a hacking group also famous for their original application BackOrifice which came out back in August of 1998. Now their back with a google vulnerability scanner called goolag. This application is pretty neat. I've downloaded it and ran it against my own web sever(s) just curious to see what it finds and detects. Just remember use this program at your own discretion! To download it please go here: http://www.goolag.org/ if you would like more information cDc please go here:

http://www.cultdeadcow.com/

Again, use this program at your own risk!

Cheers,
0x0161

0x0161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Goolag! Hacking baby ;)

Awesome, running all the plugins at the same time caused google to block me though lol

Anyways, its only useful if the site is indexed by google.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
BSOD

Quote:
Awesome, running all the plugins at the same time caused google to block me though lol
You specify what you want it to scan. I'm not sure what you mean by google blocked you though.

Quote:
Anyways, its only useful if the site is indexed by google.
Hmmm, download the application run it on your own server(s) or friends (if you have permission of course) and tell me what you think. I wouldn't run this application against host www.google.com I don't think I would do that.

PS: It's all based of http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/ghdb.php
Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x0161 View Post
You specify what you want it to scan. I'm not sure what you mean by google blocked you though.

Hmmm, download the application run it on your own server(s) or friends (if you have permission of course) and tell me what you think. I wouldn't run this application against host www.google.com I don't think I would do that.

PS: It's all based of http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/ghdb.php
It's a simplification of "google hacking", using google's indexed information from a webpage to search for security holes
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Will it just find vulnerabilities, or will it actually damage things?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #6
BSOD

Quote:
Will it just find vulnerabilities, or will it actually damage things?

I didn't post this so people can go wreck havoc or damage web servers or anything malicious like that. It can find vulnerabilities in web servers. As far as actually damaging web servers honestly, I don't think so. I believe google would blacklist your IP before that actually happenend. I've only ran it against my own web servers (no vulnerability was found, btw, no damage was made) it's open source so you can see what the code actually does.