Good Line Of Defense?

imcool34

Solid State Member
I have Nortan Internet Security, SpySweeper, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, and Nortan Systemworks......

Is this a good line of defense against: viruses, adware, trojan horses, hacking etc.?

I would say no, Norton is notoriously bad! - everybody says it's good, because it's quite popular and they paid for it, there are better freeware applications out there for internet security.

for a firewall, i'd always recomend a linux box, using a minimal command promp only installation running a firewall program like shorewall.

One of the best lines of defense against adware and spyware would be to set up an advert blocking proxy server.

Personally I've used Mcaffee and found that it took up way too much CPU time to be worth bothering with, it slowed my machine down so it was practically unusable.
People who I've known that have used norton and have decided to switch have said that their new virus scanner has detected as many a fifty infected files that norton has failed to sopt.

That coupled withthe fact that you have to pay for updates will leave me using
A free anti virus scaner from www.girsoft.cmo
and a free firewall (outpost) from www.agnitum.com
I'll continue to use the free spybot search and destroy, a the program and updates are again free.

frankly Ifeel that if you've gone to the trouble of going out and buying Norton then you've wasted your time and money.

Back
Top Bottom