Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Getting someone back

so i got my computer stolen a couple of weeks ago and im pretty sure it was someone that was a good friend to me. he even asked me what the password was and claimed he was asking me that so he could tell me if the password was hard enough so the person that took couldnt get it in. he's even asked some of our friends the same question. anyways.. i want to get him back. what would be the best way? it could be a virus, a fake virus, i dont give a damn i just want to get him back for stealing my $2,000 mac. the clever smart ass stole it right before i moved out of the country during a party i was throwing so i cant really do any physical damage to him and have to resort to sending computer viruses and such.

netflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Getting someone back

Report it to the police.

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudelewis1 View Post
Report it to the police.
+1
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
BSOD

This is not the place for your vengeance and what you want done will not be condoned by the forum
officemanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #5
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro

I agree with the above 3 posts
Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker

Dude your not going to be able to send any computer viruses to him. Not knowing to where it is. Espiecally being a mac. You mine as well forget that. His facebook? That might be a diffrent story. But I can't talk about that here. "Cough" Call the police. that Sucks you left the country, what a piece S***. I've known people that done it. Dont be afraid to call the police... It's easy..
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
Site Team

Another +1.

Also:
Quote:
he even asked me what the password was and claimed he was asking me that so he could tell me if the password was hard enough so the person that took couldnt get it in.
You've probably learnt from this (mainly mentioning it for the benefit of anyone else who might stumble across this thread), but never give your password out to someone who asks that. It's never a valid question - if I was wanting to help a friend out in that way I'd ask things like "does it contain uppercase / lowercase letters", "is it more than 8 characters long", "is it a dictionary word" that sort of thing. There's 0 need for anyone to know your password to figure out how secure it is!