Getting hacked and lost everything

A couple of years ago my mum had norton running and it didnt detect anything. But in the last 3 days or so before the license run out it started detecting like 100 viruses... Anybody else had something similar happen?

BTW she did not visit any other sites then normal when that happened.
You would hope the company would not do any underhand tactics like that to keep customers but some companies have known to do this.

Makes you wonder at times.....

I have heard of it before.

The whole world of antivirus is a carve up isn't it. Who's to say they don't create our problems in the first place !

I have heard of it before.

The whole world of antivirus is a carve up isn't it. Who's to say they don't create our problems in the first place !

The worst viruses I've ever had to deal with were ones posing as anti-virus software. You'd get a pop-up saying viruses have been found on your system and to buy such and such anti-virus to get rid of them. Of course, the pop-ups keep showing up and annoying you until you either format and reinstall or run malwarebytes a bunch of times. I wonder how many morons actually buy the software to make the pop-ups stop?

The worst viruses I've ever had to deal with were ones posing as anti-virus software. You'd get a pop-up saying viruses have been found on your system and to buy such and such anti-virus to get rid of them. Of course, the pop-ups keep showing up and annoying you until you either format and reinstall or run malwarebytes a bunch of times. I wonder how many morons actually buy the software to make the pop-ups stop?
Those are just straight out scams, like the book JoeB posted link.

A few days ago I got a message on my laptop saying another IP had connected to my laptop. At first I never thought anything off it and nothing was looking weird and the virus protection antivast free what I was using was all okay. Last night I was on Twitter replying to tweets and then my windows were closing and noticed a messaging saying that my computer had been effected and all my files were deleting themselves. Sadly I lost everything and my brother had to reset my laptop back to default basically like what it was when it was new.

I re-downloaded antivirus and got McAfee for free for a trail. I got a message about 20 minutes ago saying another IP had connected to my laptop again and I am worried the same thing is going to happen again and again.

Can anyone help me? Is there away I can stop this IP from connected? I am with BT and have a Acer laptop 5742Z.

If anyone can give me some free advice or help or how to stop this it would mean a lot.

Thanks.

My advice is to try to get in touch with authorities because we need to stop hackers. Also try to set your firewall to the highest security and try to secure your internet as much as you can. Thats all I got. I hope I helped you a little.

I hope everything works out!!

celegorm said:
With a reputable company like Norton, that would be a fluke and bad luck. If it was some shady freebie or a $5-10 one off the internet then I would say it was a bunch of fakes.

But after that I did a scan with malwarebytes and it found nothing...

But after that I did a scan with malwarebytes and it found nothing...

Because Malwarebytes and NOrton don't look for the exact same things. Viruses are not always malware and malware is not always a virus. This is why you should run both.

Back
Top Bottom