Forgot password on my old laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mart

Solid State Member
Hi Guys,
I have an old laptop that's not been used for quite a while, problem is I had a password set up on it and can't remember what it was, I've tried many different passwords that it could possibly be without any luck, is there anyway I can get past it by either going into Safe Mode and re-setting it, if so can someone talk me though. I have some important documents and pictures on there that i really don't want to lose with a brand new windows install. It's currently running windows 7

I'm sorry, but we don't know your password. You could ask one of your friends if you ever told them your password. Go through some passwords that you would usually use. I'm not sure about windows 7, but on windows xp, i could get into the system in safe mode without a password. Then you could backup your data and reload it, or you might be able to change your password.

Firstly can I just say I never asked if anyone knew my password, I asked if someone could help me get into the computer to either reset it or locate it. Thank you for your input, i'll have a look at getting into the computer under safe mode and try and find some details on google and see if there's a way.

I'm sorry, but we don't know your password. You could ask one of your friends if you ever told them your password. Go through some passwords that you would usually use. I'm not sure about windows 7, but on windows xp, i could get into the system in safe mode without a password. Then you could backup your data and reload it, or you might be able to change your password.

Firstly can I just say I never asked if anyone knew my password, I asked if someone could help me get into the computer to either reset it or locate it. Thank you for your input, i'll have a look at getting into the computer under safe mode and try and find some details on google and see if there's a way.

I'm not sure about Windows 7, but on XP you could boot into safe mode and log in to the Administrator account. This account was, by default, not password protected so you could just log on, go into users, and remove the password.
I haven't had to really boot into safe mode on Windows 7 much, so I don't remember if there is an Administrator account, but it's worth a try. In case you don't know, to get into safe mode just tap F8 over and over right after the manufacturers logo goes away at boot.

Most forums prohibit discussion of resetting PWs. Just google reset password and find out how to do it yourself.

Most forums prohibit discussion of resetting PWs. Just google reset password and find out how to do it yourself.

That's right. Not to start anything but we don't know if it's a stolen lappy or your trying to get in to your missus's laptop to see who she's talking to.
For the members here:
It's just not smart to assume it's ok to help bypass a password protected system. Besides your answers will be read by thousands of guests here and that could be bad news...

That's fair enough and I do understand where people are coming from and the reason why it is prohibited, I was working on a dell 1545 laptop for a friend (who may I add is a Police officer) the problem she had was the keyboard had been damaged by a spillage and she'd also forgotten the password, anyway in the end she managed to remember it thanks to the on screen 'password hint' after attempting the initial log in.

Step1. Burn a USB Flash Drive to remove lost or forgotten Windows password.
Step2. Set your target computer to boot from USB Flash Drive.
Step3. Recover lost or forgotten Windows password with the burned USB Flash Drive.

For more info click onto the link:
http://www.techyv.com/questions/need-recover-password-windows-7

Which latop brand are you using? One of these methods may help you:

Some popular methods to help reset HP laptop password if your laptop installed Windows system such as Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000.

HP laptop password reset

Try three great solutions for dell password reset when we forgot dell password such as dell Latitude password reset, dell Inspiron password reset, dell Studio password reset, dell Vostro password reset etc.
Dell password reset

Four workable solutions which can help reset Acer Aspire password or reset Acer TravelMate password etc. Hope they can help you.
Acer password reset

If you are using Toshiba Satellite, Portege, Qosmio or Tecra laptop and unfortunately forgot the Windows login password, take it easy. toshiba password reset

For Sansung laptop password reset on Windows 7/Vista/XP: Samsung password reset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom