find junk files

billozz

In Runtime
hi all i downloaded the pc cleanup toolbox from this forum, can i ask am i likely to cause my self any problems if i delete all the files it selects?
thanks
Bill

I've never heard of the PC clean up toolbox. what do you mean you downloaded it from this forum? they don't host files for download here.

I prefer using Ccleaner it's pretty good about finding files that can be safely deleted. just make sure you un-check things related to the browsers, last time i forgot, and had all my saved passwords deleted.

Also, if you're looking for something that can show you what to delete so you can save the most room, download windirstat. It's a graphical view of all the files on your drive.

I use Glarys Utilities all the time. It also will let you know when there is new updates for different programs from Google. It has all kinds of programs like disc cleaner. Here is some of the goodies that it has:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_10 Feb. 14 14.20.jpg
    ScreenHunter_10 Feb. 14 14.20.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenHunter_11 Feb. 14 14.20.jpg
    ScreenHunter_11 Feb. 14 14.20.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenHunter_12 Feb. 14 14.21.jpg
    ScreenHunter_12 Feb. 14 14.21.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 4
hi all i downloaded the pc cleanup toolbox from this forum, can i ask am i likely to cause my self any problems if i delete all the files it selects?
thanks
Bill

Hi Bill!
So a few things; It's hard to know the files you have that it's attempting to delete, and more importantly, you should probably not use that on a new system. It was uploaded a few years ago and... as noted by other members, there are better alternatives.

To answer the question as to your files;
Those utilities delete files in the following locations:
Code:
C:\ProgramData\Temp
C:\ProgramData\{WindowsInstallationFiles}
C:\Users\$Profile$\AppData\Local\Temp

The program should tell you what it's deleting, and it's typically limited to cache data... internet history, cached images, passwords, etc. Nothing you can't live without but you may have to type usename/passwords in again if you run it. Unless you store important files in those locations, then you should be fine to run, maybe just copy your important stuff to a USB/Backup Drive beforehand just to be sure.

To do so, go to the Disk Cleanup tool. Click "Clean up system files," click the More Options tab, go down to the System Restore and Shadow Copies section, click the Clean Up button, and click the Delete button to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom