Facing problem in windows 2000 , seems virus attacked

munawar5555

Beta member
Dear Friends,

I am writing this my first post here after 8 days of terrible problem, I am facing problem in win2k OS.

Problem :-
1)Outlook Express dont move messages from one folder to other folder with drag and drop.
2)When I click on reply, Its says there is not enough memory.
3)Some times popup msg box come and say "you need patch for your windows" and refere url www.windowspatch.info .
4)Internet dont disconnect , I have to pull out telehphone wire from modem manually for disconnection.

This problem dont comes in start, but when I use outlook then after 5 or 10 minutes it comes.

I have system P3 with 256Mb Ram and 20GB Hard Drive.

I bought new RAM becuase some body advised me that your RAM creating problem.

Also I did format of C Drive many times and reinstalled Windows 2000,
but I had only outlook data in other drive because I dont want to loose my data.

But last time when after formatting this problem come again and again , I have used Disk Manager to create new partitions in drive, and then reinstalled Windows 2000 again, then I have install Norton Enterprise Edition with latest update, I have not used any previous data of outlook or any other type because I was thinking that my outlook files are infected and creating again problem when I use them, but after all this work when I have used Outlook then I faced this problem again.

My norton 2 times deleted w32.HLLW.GAOBOT.GEN .

Please advice me that what should I do, some body asked me to use Seamap for low level format.

Also after all this problem I have tried to install win98 in dual OS mode, and after install outlook express not running and saying "Fail to load internet connection wizard" icwutil.dll error. but win98 is not important for me, I want to use windows 2000.

I will appreciate for quick response and help.

Thanks and best regards.
Munawar

Please help me urgently, I came here with hope that I will get any solution, but its about one day past but no response from here I got.
Plz help.

Back
Top Bottom