Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Extendedunlimited.org / Gameharbour.org

When starting up my PC, I've recently started having CMD pop up followed by my browser being opened and first launching the website "extendedunlimited.org" which redirects to "gameharbour.org"

This is not a homepage. This only happens on startup, when I open my browser after it opens as it is supposed to.

I have searched for files on my PC, searched in programs, and cannot find anything that is linked to this. I have googled and performed scans using numerous malware and virus removal softwares, and any other suggestions and nothing has fixed this problem.

I am uncertain of what has caused this to happen, but it seems to have started since I downloaded a 14-day free trial of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" (Yes, this was legitimate and from the legitimate website), it could be unrelated but this is the only thing I believe I installed before this began.

Please do not suggest running adware removal tools unless you are certain these will help and are from personal experience because I am becoming tired of doing this now.

I have used:

Hitman Pro
Avira AntiVirus
Windows Defender
I think a couple more that the names do not come to me now, but I will know if I have used something suggested.

CallumK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Extendedunlimited.org / Gameharbour.org

Well, there's a lot more to cleaning a PC than just running programs these days, simply because a lot of modern viruses are written to obscure their existence or even prevent other programs from doing anything with them.

Try this guide, there's a long process of ensuring stuff is gone, and this takes you through that.

How To: Clean an infected PC

Good Luck!
Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote