EXMODULAR???? virus or trojan

horseradish

Beta member
I checked my task manager to find that i had a program called 21exmodular running so I deleted it, as when it loads up it also bypass's my firewall (sygate).

I searched windows to find everything named exmodular and deleted it then i searched the registry and deleted it (It was in the search assisant files in the registry as well as my firewall allowed list)

Restart my pc to see if it worked! nope the program had a new number and appeared like 44exmodular. I searched the net looking for help but no one seems to have heard of it, and I can't find the orgin of the program it only comes up in C/windows/prefetch when i search the pc. but appears with a number next to it e.g 44exmodular.exe-399a8962.pf.

You shouldn't try to fix this manually. There are many programs out there to do the job for you...much better at that....

Here are 2 FREE programs you can run to check for this sort of thing, which looks to me like some kind of spyware.

Spybot Search and Destroy **Very Good

Ad-Aware SE **Very Good

Also make sure to have some kind of Anti Virus program installed to scan incase it is a virus or trojan.

Here is an excellent and also FREE virus program...

Anti-Vir

Back
Top Bottom