Enter Current Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianS

In Runtime
We just had an employee leave our company. I am in the process of going through all his work and then going to re delegate everything to other employees. I finally got to his computer but when I turn it on, I am prompted with a black screen and a picture that says "Enter CURRENT Password:" I have no clue what the password is and he is not taking calls. This is not standard installed on our company computers so it is something he did without our approval (one of the many things he has done that led to his leaving (to put it nicely).

Has anyone ever seen this and know how to get around it? I know I can just format the hard drive but I don't want to because we want to see what he has been doing as well as make sure there is no data on there that we do not want to lose. I am guessing it is a password put on the BIOS but I am not sure. Is there a way to reset the password or just to remove it? It appears before Windows boots up.

I have attached a link below to a picture so that you can see what it looks like.
http://www.laserproductsus.com/dlfiles/entercurrentpassword.jpg

You know what? Never mind. This guy was very security conscious obviously for enabling the password preboot but I was able to guess his passwords on 2 different computers within 5 minutes. Now I am just going to use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor and delete the windows login password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom