Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Exclamation Email keeps getting hacked help!

ok so i had a hotmail account that got compromised a few months ago but no matter what i did the hacker always got my password again. so i tried to recover it and of course you need an alternative email so i used my gmail one. i got back in then closed the account. But now it appears the hacker has got into the hotmail one again because my gmail is trying to be compramised but luckly i have 2-step verification. i have unlinked the hotmail account from the gmail but it appears they keep getting into the 2-step verification page even though i have a 30 character password which is random numbers and letters what do i do!!!!

kofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Try changing your password when you are on a different computer as it could be a virus stealing it. Also do a scan with malwarebytes to check.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Default Re: Email keeps getting hacked help!

Im doing it on my new computer which is clean as a whistle i have ran avast antivirus, malware bytes and rkill and there is nothing on the system. Plus the password is copy & pasted in which means there would have to be a clipboard keylogger on my pc which there is not. But thank you anyway
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Baseband Member

I'm gonna go with change your password. Here is the deal. If you are having to go through the 2 step thing everytime it means that there is someone trying to hack your password, it does not necessarily mean they are successful. I have had this situation happen to me also. Try changing your password and see what happens.
wahazelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Personally I'd use four random non linked, but memorable words strung together as your password.

All they need to do is get into one E-mail account to get your password.

OR, theres a keylogger on your system, so whatever password you use, the information is sent to the hacker.
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Baseband Member

I use a random password generator and there is no keylogger on my system. They have stopped trying now though i think they have given up because of 2step or they cant crack my new password.
But thanks for everyone's suggestions