does anyone have a suggestion on what Antivirus i should purchase?

Man, you probably should have went with Avast in the first place. Download, install and run Malwarebytes Anti-malware.

You need to resolve current issues first before buying any anti-virus software. If you are not sure how to do this, a clean re-installation of OS is recommended.
This should be your priority now.

Anything anti-virus that you install assume that you already have a clean, working environment for it to work. You need to provide this environment ASAP. Best way to do this is start anew, bring in a new slate.

sorry guys, is there anyway you can dumb this down for me? im not that great with the terms and such, im not bad with computers, i can work my around things but just not familiar with terms and need suggestions!

what is installation of OS? and how can i do it?

and what is Malwarebytes Anti-malware where can i find it?

links and instruction is very much appreciated guys, sorry!

if i do these 2 things should my system be repaired? i have the rest of today off of work, so hopefully i can get some help and fix this today!

what is installation of OS? and how can i do it?

and what is Malwarebytes Anti-malware where can i find it?

a clean re-installation of an Operating System (OS) is used in such cases as yours where it is easier to just start over than to fix the problem. Here is a link to help you out:

How Do I Perform a Clean Install of Windows?

Just select which OS you are using and it will take you through a step-by-step re-installation.

Malwarebytes is free software, and performs similar to Kaspersky, but since it is free, Malwarebytes is preferred over Kaspersky in most cases. Anyway, the download link for Malwarebytes can be found here:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 Download - TechSpot

ok hey guys sorry i was away for a bit, my computer is REALLY having issues! i have ads popping up everywhere, my computer is running slower and it freezes for 2 mins at a time here and there.

what can i do to get rid of it?

and then could someone link me to a decent free antivirus, i was willing to pay for one, but now it seems you guys say the free ones are ok too.

i will pay someone 5.00$ paypal if someone can help cure the problems on my computer, i really want this fixed, its a new computer and my girlfriend is pissed off hahahaha.

Run my toolbox found here > http://www.computerforums.org/forums/cyber-safety-computer-security/pc-cleanup-toolbox-219988.html

Follow the instructions carefully. As for the 5 bucks, keep it. Give the girlfriend a nice card or a box of candy to keep the peace for now.

Back
Top Bottom