Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Beta Member

Question Detect keylogger on a Mac

I am not sure if it is Ok to post here. I have some trouble with game passwords. I can't login to some of my game account as it just poped up that wrong passwords. I am 100% sure that I have nver changed my passwords. I suspect my mom did this as she has been nagging these days that I spent too much time on these games. I even saw her viewing these Mac Keylogger and Mac Spy webpages. I believe it is not a coincidence. My questions is how can I detect this keylogger and whether I can get my passwords back if all my account has changed?

Old 03-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Detect keylogger on a Mac

If you live at home you have to abide by mom and dad's rules. If mom says you're spending too much time on games then I'd bet you do. If you're in school could be your grades are sagging. Hit the books, not the fire button. You only have one mom so best to enjoy the time you have with her.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Detect keylogger on a Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elasa View Post
I am not sure if it is Ok to post here. I have some trouble with game passwords. I can't login to some of my game account as it just poped up that wrong passwords. I am 100% sure that I have nver changed my passwords. I suspect my mom did this as she has been nagging these days that I spent too much time on these games. I even saw her viewing these Mac Keylogger and Mac Spy webpages. I believe it is not a coincidence. My questions is how can I detect this keylogger and whether I can get my passwords back if all my account has changed?
Check your outgoing connections and see if any data is being sent to a unknown source. If so you can easily block the connection or you can try and find where the logger is hiding on your computer and attempt to remove yourself. If unable to find try and find some sort of anti-virus to run a system scan to help look more thoroughly.