Computer keeps freezing for a few seconds quite frequently!

NuclearCore

Beta member
Hi everyone

First of all I'd like to admit one thing: I'm a newb.
I really don't know a lot about computers, and therefore I'd appreciate if you would be more specific than you are normally when you explain all these tecnichal things to me :laugh:

Now to the problem:
My computer keeps freezing for a few seconds every once in a while.
It's not very often, but about every 15-20 minute or so. It's a problem when I'm gaming though :normal:

I tried running my avast! Anti-virus Pro, and it found something called "Win32 Spyware-gen" or something. I moved it to the virus-chest, and didn't expect anymore problems.
I'm not sure about this, but I think it might have helped a little. I'm still having the problem though.

I think the problem occured when I tried to download something for a game. I went to FPSbanana and tried to download a skin for Counter Strike: Source.

At this point I've tried following:
Defragmenting (Smart Defrag 2)
1. Running "Advanced System Care 4" - Deep Care
2. Running "Glary Utilities"
3. Running avast! (Found Win32 Spyware-gen and moved to virus-chest)
4. Going to Start -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Device Manager and from here I right click on all the hardware and select "Update driver".
5. Doing "System Restore" to the earliest date possible.

As said it might have helped a little, but I don't think the problem is solved completely.

Do you guys have any advices? :smile:

Thank you in advance! :wave:

maybe this problem cause of processing problem and cause of memory overload. maybe your ram is not enough for this and maybe your processor got heated cause of fan and other problems. so check both these things i think problem gonna be right.i don't think this si the problem of software and of any virus.

Thank you to both of you.

I have 3 GB of RAM. It should be enough, as this also happens when I'm doing something simple like surfing the webs.
As for the overheading, I've checked with "Core Temp". It says my cores are only around 30 degrees celcius.
I think my fan is working, but I might check it out some time.
I've been thinking about changing my CPU for quite some time now.
It's getting old, and I need something new the next time I buy a game, I think.

Again, thanks for replying :)

Thank you to both of you.

I have 3 GB of RAM. It should be enough, as this also happens when I'm doing something simple like surfing the webs.
As for the overheading, I've checked with "Core Temp". It says my cores are only around 30 degrees celcius.
I think my fan is working, but I might check it out some time.
I've been thinking about changing my CPU for quite some time now.
It's getting old, and I need something new the next time I buy a game, I think.

Again, thanks for replying :)

Let us know how you get on. :)

Back
Top Bottom