Computer Confused

thecoolkid

Baseband Member
My computer is weird...Whenever I log onto my user account. Then after ten second the computer shuts down with no warning. It is random and I can't prevent it. Please help!!!

thecoolkid

Have you tried Safe Mode or when you start up go into the menu where it says safe mode and choose I eblieve restore to when my computer last worked or somethina long those lines. What Operating System are you running?

BTW this is my 600th post GO ME

does it shut down safly or just zapp out stright to the bios?

the former might be cause by some kind of program or virsu, so safe mode will help to locate this...

the later is most likely an over heating problem.

I have tried System Restore and Safe Mode. It happens in both. It is just a straight shut off. No prior warning. It just turns off. I have looked in safe mode. I have had the taskmanager open and it has turned off and I saw no unknown process appear. It shutsdown in safe mode. System restore does not work. I can't afford buying a external hard drive to put all my stuff on. I dont have my old windows cd because the OS came installed when I bought it. So really I can't reformat because I don't have the original cd. Thanks root and computergen. Anymore help would be appreciated.

I suggest you take off the side of the PC...

I found that when I had this problem before it was because a new PSU I bough was slightly larger and rested on the CPU fan, consequently the CPU overheated and some kind of thermal protection cut in...

MY psu now sits on top of the case...

If you take the side off you'll be able to see if any fans are stuck or obstructed, you'll also be able to touch some heatsinks to find out how hot they aer and hot likely it is to be an overhating issue.

I have already installed and run both Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and Norton Anti-Virus and non of the them have picked up anything.

thecoolkid said:
I have already installed and run both Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and Norton Anti-Virus and non of the them have picked up anything.

when it powers off does the power led blink amber? its possible that there is an internal power problem.. you should check with the vendor.

Back
Top Bottom