Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Computer Color Virus?

Do any of you know if there is a virus that messes up your computer monitor? Because a couple days ago my computer screen freaked out and turned into rainbowishy colors so I couldn't see what I was looking at :|. It still happens now but only if I hit the desk the computer is on (it doesn't take too much pressure) and when I do the computer screen shakes and sometimes evens makes weird colors all over. Is my computer color box broken or something or is it a virus?

Prism Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Computer Color Virus?

The fact that physical contact with the desk is causing your problem would suggest to me it is more likely to be a loose connection or loose video card. The problem would more than likely a hardware issue than a software/virus issue.

DILLIGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Beta Member

I notice when I poke the screen the colors are disordered but if i poke it again it's fixed. Like what is a video card? is it in the cimputer? or an attachment?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
BSOD

If you don't know what a video card is I very much doubt you will be able to do anything to remedy your problem, I would suggest you take it to a pc repair shop and get them to look at it.

A video card (display adapter) is the hardware that displays images on your monitor.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Ya video card is where the other end of ya monitor cable attaches to ya computer, its inside the pc
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #6
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism Bullet
I notice when I poke the screen the colors are disordered but if i poke it again it's fixed. Like what is a video card? is it in the cimputer? or an attachment?
are you talking about an LCD??? there is no CRT taht will change colors if you "poke" the glass of the display screen

but...control 5 servers, one switch rack with 300 ports protected by cisco router, 300 PC's, 75 notebooks over a wLAN ;)
rramzjr@hotmail.com
systeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
Beta Member

I'm computer challenged :|. Anyways it's getting worst now since it'll start doing it randomly. Do I need to take the monitor apart or something to fix the LCD? Or is the LCD like a wire or something.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism Bullet
I'm computer challenged :|. Anyways it's getting worst now since it'll start doing it randomly. Do I need to take the monitor apart or something to fix the LCD? Or is the LCD like a wire or something.
LCD stands for LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, it is the way the monitor displays images on the screen. Google it if you require a more indepth explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
.... I would suggest you take it to a pc repair shop and get them to look at it.
This advice still stands ..... you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't go poking around in something you do not understand or you could make things a lot worse by either destroying your hardware or, worst case scenario, electricuting yourself.

Sorry, but you have no knowledge at all about computer hardware, I know I may sound harsh but it is the best advice I can offer you.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #9
In Runtime

if it is a crt, it sounds like a magnetic field is messing up his display

but...control 5 servers, one switch rack with 300 ports protected by cisco router, 300 PC's, 75 notebooks over a wLAN ;)
rramzjr@hotmail.com
systeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
BSOD

i really doubt you have a virus i mean really who would take the time to make a color moniter virusif it is near a washing machine or microwave then its mag field but sounds to me that the moniter contacts are wearing out, dont worry jus buy a new cord for your moniter.

raven donkey is offline   Reply With Quote