clash of the giants.

jaFlounder

Beta member
Hey guys,
I'm a long time McAfee user, and well, to put it bluntly, they are horrible. I come to you wondering what is the BEST anti-virus program in your opinion. I've used McAfee for around 5 or 6 years now, and am tired of the lack of service I receive when an issue comes across with their foreign support teams.
My subscription is run out recently, and I think it's time to try something new. Money is not really an issue if the services are good.

All feedback is greatly appreciated
-Flounder

I use AVG free along with Malware Bytes free version. There is a pay once and have forever thing for both of those, though I have never bought either. Also No Adware is a good one.

If you want the best and you plan on paying for antivirus, go with Eset Smart Security. By far the best protection suite that I've tried (I've tested many of the popular name brands). It has better performance than Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, TrendMicro, Webroot, etc. But, if you wanna stick to free stuff, go with AVG for real-time protection and Malwarebytes as a secondary scanner. I actually recommend the free products to people who just browse the web and check emails and stuff.....but if your a heavy internet user and downloads things frequently, I recommend to get a better software suite than the freebies.

To me an antivirus has to meet criteria. Help protect from infection, Use little system resources, be non intrusive. The best protection is worthless if the other two suck. The computer needs to be usable. If AV is too intrusive it will get possibly bypassed.

I agree With Legodude Avast is where its at. (need to adjust settings to make it non intrusive)

The main two I use are Avast, and Microsoft Security Essentials.
Avast does a really good job with out being very intrusive.

Essentials does not do as good of a job (had stuff get by it). Its a good out of site out of mind program. Not sure what OS you are using.

Purchased Normally means:
1. The company offers tech support.
2. Can be used in business environment in accordance to EULA

Back
Top Bottom