Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Changing or Hiding I.P.

I'm not familiar with networking, so I'm a little new to it. I download a little too much, and remenbered that my internet provider(Charter) sent me a warning about downloading movies. I have stopped with the movies, but I'm afraid they will do that with my music.

I want to know how I can stop them from knowing what I'm downloading or doing!

I've heard both. Changing I.P. and Hiding it. I've tried the "unplug your router and cable modem" Never worked.

I do have a Micorosft Router, and D-link cable modem.

Can changinf or hiding this effect any of my internet use? Like cookies, passwords, etc.

Thank you guys!

p.s. I did seacrh the forum, and found nothing that could help me. Just some posts I couldnt understand that easily.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Changing or Hiding I.P.

Stop doing illegal stuff.

Unless you use encryption they will ALWAYS be able to see what your doing. No amount of proxy's will hide you from your own ISP. Everytime you get a new IP by unplugging crap, you get a new one FROM THEM. They know it's you. Their's no real hiding.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Golden Master

Thumbs down Re: Changing or Hiding I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david76008
I'm not familiar with networking, so I'm a little new to it. I download a little too much, and remenbered that my internet provider(Charter) sent me a warning about downloading movies. I have stopped with the movies, but I'm afraid they will do that with my music.

I want to know how I can stop them from knowing what I'm downloading or doing!

I've heard both. Changing I.P. and Hiding it. I've tried the "unplug your router and cable modem" Never worked.

I do have a Micorosft Router, and D-link cable modem.

Can changinf or hiding this effect any of my internet use? Like cookies, passwords, etc.

Thank you guys!

p.s. I did seacrh the forum, and found nothing that could help me. Just some posts I couldnt understand that easily.
You can search all you want, nobody here will help you, rule 11[a] thread closed.
Closed Thread