Black Worm Virus?? Help!

Kpm214

Beta member
HI my name is kyle and I am running my E-Vectra computer on windows 2000. A couple of weeks ago i received a security breaching by windows that says my computer has the "Black Worm". Since then I receive an uncontrolable amount of pop ups. One which tells me its infected and tells me to download winantivirus. I do not trust these and wont download them. I have downloaded Ad-Adware PE , HijackThis , and I had zone alarm but the virus removed it. I have read up on the virus and it says it attacks on every 3rd of the month. Today is April 3rd and just to be safe i shut my computer down. I need help on how to remove this virus. I have gone through numerous scans and all the say is that they were removed or that i have to register to get rid of them! Does anyone know how to get rid of this infection??? Can anyone help me if i send them a log file fro Hijackthis?? Please help with any suggestions or tips! Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

You can personally contact me through Email: NHRA214@yahoo.com or AIM: FightingIrish214.

Thanks,
Kyle

people got that virus left and right the only way that I know to get rid of it is to reformat. please reply to this post and tell us if you got rid of it. thank you

Try one of the free online virus scans, preferably, Trend Micro's Housecall. It shouldn't have a problem removing the virus. One additional note, with XP, turn off System Restore, as that is the favorite place for things like this to hide. Otherwise, once you remove it, and think it's gone, it'll be back when you perform a System Restore, or come back if your computer has problems.

Back
Top Bottom