bad spyware, evil spyware

Pnaruto

Beta member
um there's this dang annoying spyware which is coming from a too bar from internet exporer. It wouldn't be a problem if it were on firefox since you can delete firefox and reinstall but it's on internet explorer and u can't delete that because then u can't do windows update. So my basic question: how do you get rid of a toolbar in explorer (not hide but completely delete.)

oh yeah and u don't have to open internet explorere i'll explore the comp a bit more but it would be very helpful if i could get an answer

Ok number 1: go on to: www.microsoft.com and on the homepage is a link to download Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta. Download that run a deep scan. Delete all spyware.

On the toolbar there could be a menu. Select uninstall if the Anti-spyware hasn't deleted the toolbar.

Or check the Programs menu.
If not goto Control Panel and go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall for toolbar there.

Do you know what kind of toolbar it is ?
As Computer Genuis suggested, download antispyware and possibly antivirus, these include Ad Aware, Spybot Search And Destroy, Microsoft Anti Spyware BETA and AVG Free Edition ... go into safe mode and make sure you run FULL scans ...

Computer Genius said:
Ok number 1: go on to: www.microsoft.com and on the homepage is a link to download Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta. Download that run a deep scan. Delete all spyware.

On the toolbar there could be a menu. Select uninstall if the Anti-spyware hasn't deleted the toolbar.

Or check the Programs menu.
If not goto Control Panel and go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall for toolbar there.

Or you could just download spybot. (google it)
If you cant get it to go away then, try completely getting rid of the main IE exe (idk if its possible), or go to add remove hardware and find the option that can remove shit that came w/ windows and have your windows cd ready. or you could download a newer version of IE, or you could learn your lesson and reformat and use firefox. www.mozilla.org

Back
Top Bottom