Is Antivirus Necessary? (For Me?)

What good does that do? Most build a new system to game or work on. A good AV like ESET is not free but the cost versus the damage you avoid, is well worth the money. I get 3 computer licenses for under $100usd.

Agreed with above. You must have an antimalware program. Why is simple. Make one mestake one time, and you will end up with a machine so drowned in malware that it can hardly move.

If you think that I am lying, then I recommend that you look at my profile page.
Also, someone else that I helped had 126 infected files. That was last week. Do not underestimate the people that wish to harm you. EVER

EDIT: That person last week was not on this forum... I should have said that.

The built-in Windows Defender is enough for me. I'm cautious about what I download and I have a VM for testing if I do not trust the source. Worst case scenario, I have backups of everything and they're easy to restore.

For someone who isn't interested in backups or knowledgeable enough to restore from them, they should just get the best. But for me I see no justification of the cost or system resources.

Back
Top Bottom