Anti-Virus Virus?

technocardy

Beta member
HELP! I just wrote a long post but then due to this oh so awesome computer, lost it all.. so this one will be much shorter. Just wanna apologize right now for any typos or randomly missing letters out of words.. this computer is running so slow.. it just decided what to put and what not to put. Anyways, back to business.

I'm looking at my moms computer after many emails/phone calls about how slow it is.. so I got to work deleting useless junk and came across a problem, after doing some research I've found out that it could e a possible virus, disguised as an ati-virus program. I'll get to that minute.. this is what shes running:

Acer Aspire 5520
Vista Premium - 32 bit system
Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-Core TK55 1.80 GHz
2 GB Ram

I know Vista runs slow with 2 gigs of ram.. but NOT this slow. (I was typing "ram... but NOT" when "I know Vista" was just showing up)

So after some cleaning out, I discovered this "ScaningProcess.exe" - Kaspersky AV Scanner. Funny thing is, Kaspersky has never been installed on this computer, as I was saying.. and I'm sure some of you know about this but his can actually a virus disguised as an anti-virus program as to not be picked up by the anti-virus program I got on right now... great.

I've tried the Kaspersky Uninstaller tool.. tells me no Kaspersky programs/files are found installed on this computer. So I entered the DOS command.. told me it wasn't recognized. I tried the good ol' fashion Install.. of course nothing. No anti-virus scan picks it up, so how do I get rid of this?! As the article said, it IS eating up all my resources and making this computer run a lot slower then normal.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

"The process ScanningProcess belongs to the software PC Tools AntiVirus or ScanningProcess.exe or Acoustica Effects Pack or ZoneAlarm Security Suite or ZoneAlarm Anti-virus or ScanningProcess.exe or Online Armor AV+ or Select eScan Anti Virus or SecurityPlus for MDaemon or Kaspersky Lab. ScanningProcess by Kaspersky Lab (www.kaspersky.com)."

Basically, there's a lot of programs that use this process name. You probably have one, it might be corrupt. Go to the link below and see if that helps you get any closer to the problem.

More info:
http://www.file.net/process/scanningprocess.exe.html

Try downloading malwarebytes and running it if you haven't done so already.

Downloading as we speak, thank you.

"The process ScanningProcess belongs to the software PC Tools AntiVirus or ScanningProcess.exe or Acoustica Effects Pack or ZoneAlarm Security Suite or ZoneAlarm Anti-virus or ScanningProcess.exe or Online Armor AV+ or Select eScan Anti Virus or SecurityPlus for MDaemon or Kaspersky Lab. ScanningProcess by Kaspersky Lab (www.kaspersky.com)."

Basically, there's a lot of programs that use this process name. You probably have one, it might be corrupt. Go to the link below and see if that helps you get any closer to the problem.

More info:
http://www.file.net/process/scanningprocess.exe.html

In my Windows Task Manager from left to right it reads:
Image Name: ScanningProcess. exe
User Name: SYSTEM
CPU: It varies
Memory: Also varies, at 166,871K
Description: Kaspersky AV Scanner

I just thought that might help, but I'll read the link now. Thanks again!\

Edit: Also, usually when you click "End Process" on any given scan, it will give up until you re click "Scan Computer" in which ever program you are using, yes? I may be wrong.. however when I do this, and "End Process Tree" it only take a few seconds before it shows up again. Dunno if this is any usefull info or not.

a reinstall of windows with a cleaning with CCleaner, may do the trick.it is possible that there is a registry for this to start on it own.if a registry cleaner doesn't work then simply reinstall windows, :)mad: AND PLEASE DON'T INSTALL THE RESOURCE HUNGRY AVG!!:mad: )

Back
Top Bottom