Another Username and Number in the dial up connection window

tester

Baseband Member
Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me if there is a problem when i find another username and dialup number in my Dial up connection window.
Usually what appears is my own username and my dial up number.
But unexpectedly and surprisingly after a years usage i find that my username is changed to another name and another dial up number in the corresponding boxes. I am damn sure that nobody has touched my system other than myself since the day i have bought it.
And i never saw a change from its default settings, except for this one in the dial up connection.
HAs anyone had the same experience or can anyone help me find out if somebody is trying to hack my net connection?

Cheers,
Tester

I doubt anyone would hack & dialup connection....

This was probably changed by Spyware....Not only do these annoying bots, spy on your internet activity.

But some are nasty enough to change configurations/ delete .dlls or even make your comp. crash or freeze up.....

I would run all the good known spyware programs , and run them in safe mode & in normal windows mode.

But i dont have any free spyware working on my system. I had problems with a previous one and had to go for a disk format just recently.
And another thing i found is that my Norton 2004 had deleted two trojan virus which it claimed to have found and removed.
But i am not quite covinced of this antivirus. I have heard of trojan virus trying to keep track of ur Net connection and the things u do when u go online. So Is it this virus that has caused such a nasty thing in my dial-up connection window too.

it's possible that either spyware is trying to access it, or your anti-virus thought it stopped it, but there is a trace of it still in the registry.

ok, do you know that name of the file ? go to the quarantine of your anti-virus / get the name of the trojan & open up the registry.

but before open the registry, bootup to safemode without networking by repeat hitting the f8 key , right after your comp. logo dissapears.

click start/run/ type regedit....once there click edit scroll down to find...click it

now in the box , put in the name of the trojan....
example: trojan.exe

now hit the find, this will search though the registy for the trojan no matter where it's hiding.

once it has found it , highlight it by clicking it once w/your mouse, then go to the top & click file...

scroll down to export...this will make a backup the file your about to delete...the reason for the backup is that
some trojans attatch themselves to programs.

so if you delete it (the trojan) and it somehow made one of your programs to freeze up, you can import that file back into the registry to make it back to the way it was before you deleted it.

now that you made a backup/ right click the trojan & delete it....then click find next....this will cont. to search out where else it's hiding...

cont. to export/ then delete / then find next...
keep doing that til it say's no more can be found.
that's it...

Back
Top Bottom