Anonymous Surfing

jade1

Solid State Member
Do any of those Ghost Surfing programs work?
Is there a way to hide ones IP address when using some forums?
Are there any available for free, or do they all require purchase?

Surfing

I sorta got some answers after a search. I could,t search before I posted, computer kept freezing and giving me a blank page. Anyway I see that you really can't do what I asked.
One reason I inquired as to anonymous surfing is that I belonged to a PRIVATE work forum. NOT run by a company, or for the company, but a forum to discuss the inadequacies or unfairness of working in a certain job title run by fellow employees. Not even the title of the forum related to Work.
BUT, if you were to post an unbiased opinion, not in line with company thinking, I was always worried that they could track your IP to you and therefore repurcussions could abound.
Even though you did this AWAY from work, on personal time, in privacy, on a personal computer.
There are reasons to surf anon, but most are purely personal ones at best.

jade said:
Do any of those Ghost Surfing programs work?
Is there a way to hide ones IP address when using some forums?
Are there any available for free, or do they all require purchase?

why, what do you want to do on this forums.... you need an IP to use forums or they don't work :mad:

Freedom of Speech

In my work, if you possess an independent thought, you are seen as dangerous. Nepotism, favoritism, run rampant. Unless you absolutely know someone you will not be going far, or anywhere.
The forum was a way to express some inner anger, and vent. Albeit by not slandering, using names, or divulging any work secrets. Except the nepotism, and favoritism, and all around unfairness.
BUT, if you posted anything against the "norm", and they were to seek you out. YOU WOULD BE "punished" FOR EXPRESSING AN OPINION.
I know it's better to stay away, that is why I haven't contributed an opinion.
I'm not speaking of a National security level.
Just a bunch of regulars discussing ideas on why the workplace sux..

Well if you haven't expressed an opinion yet don't....

Just be an observer of the scene but take no part yet...

I will PM you for a solution to your problem.....8)

Wouldn't a free proxy server provide a 'buffer' between the actual IP and the one recorded on the forum - there are a few sourced on Google

Back
Top Bottom