2 anti-virus programs?

JerryB1

Baseband Member
I am running Windows Defender and Avast at the same time?
Is this good or bad?
Should I just run one and if so, which is better.
I have the free Avast program...

I am running Windows Defender and Avast at the same time?
Is this good or bad?
Should I just run one and if so, which is better.
I have the free Avast program...

Not recommeded
Not a good idea as some clash with each other some do not, it is trial and error process.
Try to pick what you think works best for you.

As above, it's more of a bad idea than it is a good one. You'll be using aroud twice as many resources if the things are running in the background, they'll most likely clash with each other and throw random errors every so often if they try to access the same files (perhaps even getting suspicious of each other and mis-flagging viral activity as a result!)

The chances of something slipping past one but being caught by the other is very slim - just pick one and stick with it. Different people prefer different packages, but I wouldn't say either of those would be a bad choice :)

Some antivirus doesn't supports the other one into their working area like as norton. u can't use any other antivirus with it. Still there are some such which supports other. I think you should try avira as i am a big fan of it. after installing it i never required to format my pc till a year. It also supports other AV including avast.

Back
Top Bottom