wtb w7 32bit

STICH626

Solid State Member
disc with key..

if you've moved up to w8 or a 64 bit os and have a w7 32 bit hanging around.. and like to part with it..
I can't use 8 on the unit I need it for, and can't swing microsofts retail
but don't want an pirated copy as this will be going to wife's parents
first computer,
it's running xp and did come with vista upgrade disc that I never installed.. but rather get them going on windows 7.. than vista that was the lost os..
thanks for your time

LOL, not when they are your typical 50-60 year olds. There's no way to convince them that this is an operating system and that this is what they need to use. Or even attempt to teach them how it works. They'll just as soon not use it as to learn something new.

LOL, not when they are your typical 50-60 year olds. There's no way to convince them that this is an operating system and that this is what they need to use. Or even attempt to teach them how it works. They'll just as soon not use it as to learn something new.

Well, I taught my 80 Year old grandma how to use Skype, so she can use Skype to comunicate with her family that is in Australia. It's quite easy and also, there isn't that big of an difference if his parents are only using PC to use: Internet, E-Mail or some kind of other application like Skype. Internet stays the same, even though I'm not sure if you can install Internet Explorer on a non Windows OS (Sorry, haven't tried it yet, Chrome is the way to go for me :p ). E-Mail probably stays the same as well, etc.

as far as other os
no not an option.. as my wife is showing them how to use the computer, and she herself isn't that fluid with computers..
they'll only be doing email/ booking travel, and paying bills when away from home.. so windows it is..

You can legally download a copy of Windows 7 but they won't have a key included meaning that you won't receive updates after the 3 days that it is temporarily activated for. You can buy a key from Microsoft. See our thread here containing the links which are legal and have been verified http://www.computerforums.org/forum...igital-river-legal-download-links-224252.html

When you have a non-registered copy of windows for a longer time, this will start happening:
- You will be prompted every time you log in to Activate.
- You will receive periodic prompts to activate your software.
- Certain visual experiences will be disabled such as the Windows Aero Glass theme.
- Won't be able to update software such as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Source: What happens to Windows 7 after the 30 day activation has expired? - Microsoft Community

If you just wanted a product key I could sell you a product key for windows 7 professional for £30? Then you could legally download the actual OS from online somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom