Go Back   Computer Forums > Classifieds: Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Arrow WTB: Sony Vaio desktop *Power Supply*

I don't have the exact model number of my computer, but its an RA model and is the black one pictured in the attached photo. I need the PSU and will consider buying the HD, too. If you DO have a PSU for this model, please PM or post here and we'll compare model numbers of the PSU to see if its one I can use.

(Side-note: The middle of this case is open for cooling purposes. Some newer models don't have this I believe.)

Cheers,

Chris

Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Guru

Default Re: WTB: Sony Vaio desktop *Power Supply*

Just one question. Couldn't you buy PSUs and HDDs to fit that case off of newegg?

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Just one question. Couldn't you buy PSUs and HDDs to fit that case off of newegg?
Not PSUs, but HDs, yes. The only reason I would want the original HD is because some people are more inclined to give better prices when they sell more than one part off their computer. Since my old Sony hard drive is now my backup in this rig, I figured it's worth a shot.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
Guru

Oh I see. But why not PSUs? I would figure they would have it for every computer, but I guess not. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Oh I see. But why not PSUs? I would figure they would have it for every computer, but I guess not. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
No worries.

Sony PSUs are proprietary. There's only one model that can essentially fit in there that has the same specs I need. (To those who think otherwise...trust me. I've tried a dozen different PSUs already.)

I need to either order a brand new one for $180-200 or see if anyone will sell theirs outta a system.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGT View Post
No worries.

Sony PSUs are proprietary. There's only one model that can essentially fit in there that has the same specs I need. (To those who think otherwise...trust me. I've tried a dozen different PSUs already.)

I need to either order a brand new one for $180-200 or see if anyone will sell theirs outta a system.
Yo cant you just buy a secondary PSU and use that? OR get a regular atx one and mod your case? OR JUST BUY A NEW CASE? I highly doubt anyone has one to sell so just giving some suggestions.
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Yeah dude, it might be more cost effective to look on new egg for a case that comes with a psu and just swap your parts over to that. Then you would have a standard atx and a lot more room than those cramped vaio cases. Gonna be tough to find a used one, but I'd get a new case before I bought a new psu for that. You could get a case w/psu on newegg for like 40-60 bucks.

xtremezx2 is offline   Reply With Quote