WTB ASUS G751GL ver 2.0 main board

Goss1333

Solid State Member
Long story short my Asus R.O.G. G751JL was stolen. 2 months and $200 bucks later i got it back. Except now it doesnt work. Found problem on the main board and its too small a repair for my current capabilities and tools avaliable. Piece that popped off board is about the size of a grain of salt and needs to be soldered. So im looking for a replacement. Ive seen them new and refurbished going for 350.-640. Im hoping someone has a used one thats operational. If the lights come on when its plugged in im interested as i can most likely fix any other issues they commonly have. Please let me know if you can help or direct to someone or somewhere that can. I want to get it back up and running more than i can express to you. But also short on funds at the moment so need it as cheap as possible. Thanks. Ok so the first pic is obviously the board and the second pic is the problem area i found under 60x magnification. I tried twice to solder in a replacement without success. And am afraid i may damage it even more if i continue. 20180831_025419.jpeg20180831_025719.jpeg

I think you should ask the pros. If there are any shops near you, go there and talk to someone. It would be a matter of asking if they are capable of doing it or not.

I think you should ask the pros. If there are any shops near you, go there and talk to someone. It would be a matter of asking if they are capable of doing it or not.
Thank you for your advice. I think i may have to do just that. Do you know how this is originally soldered? Is it baked or is thier a micro/nano soldering setup or? Cause the finest tip i can find is still..... well its huge in comparrison and makes it very difficult to do due to difference in size in the soldering tip and area to be soldered. And the tip is pretty small compared to conventional tips you see on standard setups.

Thank you for your advice. I think i may have to do just that. Do you know how this is originally soldered? Is it baked or is thier a micro/nano soldering setup or? Cause the finest tip i can find is still..... well its huge in comparrison and makes it very difficult to do due to difference in size in the soldering tip and area to be soldered. And the tip is pretty small compared to conventional tips you see on standard setups.

Yeah it's in ovens. The soldering material is already there, melts in the oven and it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-DOeAm-PQ

Crappy lead free solder that fails after a few hundred thermal cycles. ‘Progress'.

Long story short my Asus R.O.G. G751JL was stolen. 2 months and $200 bucks later i got it back. Except now it doesnt work. Found problem on the main board and its too small a repair for my current capabilities and tools avaliable. Piece that popped off board is about the size of a grain of salt and needs to be soldered. So im looking for a replacement. Ive seen them new and refurbished going for 350.-640. Im hoping someone has a used one thats operational. If the lights come on when its plugged in im interested as i can most likely fix any other issues they commonly have. Please let me know if you can help or direct to someone or somewhere that can. I want to get it back up and running more than i can express to you. But also short on funds at the moment so need it as cheap as possible. Thanks. Ok so the first pic is obviously the board and the second pic is the problem area i found under 60x magnification. I tried twice to solder in a replacement without success. And am afraid i may damage it even more if i continue. View attachment 3416View attachment 3417
Would anyone happen to know where i can get a hold of a pic of this board. Just for comparison and to make sure that the correct part is put back on as there are a few different possible components all the same size and in that area. Im pretty sure which it needs but not possative. And i have not been able to find a pic of the board that i can see the area clear enough to check. The area is located on the main boards just behind where the wifi card is mounted. The row of tiny brown and black resistors. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom