Western Digital Raptor 80Gb 10,000RPM SATA

There are a few chipsets that will let you RAID with non-identical drives (each drive will have the capacity of the lower drive then), but in general they do need to be identical. This drive while physically the same, has different firmware than the 74Gb drive making it 80Gbs so yes it is a different drive with a different model number.

Shipping to the UK:

Basically the reason shipping is only $13.75 for one is I'm sending it in Flat Rate packaging which is based on size, not weight so even though it weighs two pounds, I only pay the 1/2 rate. Unfortunetly they don't have any bigger flat rate options.

So shipping for 2 drives Global Priority actually costs me a tad more than 1, but I eat the difference since you're buying two. Same with shipping for 3 drives. I can send 2 drives regular Airmail Letter Post (has weight limit of 4lb) which usually only takes a couple more days than Global Priority. Global Priority has a weight limit of 4 lbs also, so I have to send 3 or more drive shipment Airmail Parcel Post or Global Express. However with 4+ drives it starts to become less.

But if you get more than three, I can give you a discount on shipping.

For 2 - $24.34 Airmail Letter Post or $27.50 Global Priority Mail
For 3 - $41.25 Airmail Parcel Post or $47.15 Global Express Mail
For 4 - $49.55 Airmail Parcel Post or $56.65 Global Express Mail
For 5 - $55.85 Airmail Parcel Post or $63.00 Global Express Mail

All of the methods of shipping are fully insured, but Global Express Mail is the only trackable shipping method. Global Priority and Airmail tend to take about 2 weeks to the UK (but can take up to a month), Global Express about 1 week.

If you purchase 4 drives I can sell them for $106 a piece, 5 drives, $105 each.

Just a quick post to say that this guy is genuine, just received 2 x raptors today. Delivered to UK with no problems. Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom