Wanting to know how much this is...

Ok. I got this laptop from my dad for $250. He bought it about 2 years ago for $1500 tops. Around there. I'd like to know how much I can sell it for. Like, how much could I sell it for to an "uneducated" (computer) person. Now, how much can I sell it to an "educated" (computer) person. If it's something decent I'll sell it so I can invest on a better laptop.

edit: The one in the sig. Sorry for not specifying earlier.

So should I attempt to open a small business? Buy parts sell computer? I really want to build a computer. I've helped my dad plenty of times but never really built one. I was going to build one for myself but then I bought this laptop from my dad for $250. Only reason the price tag was so low is because it's business between family members.

Lol,Put Vista on it,and some unedumacated person will buy it off you for sure....

actually idk about that, we have people that come into our store all the time uneducated and the first thing they say is, "alright i need a computer but i DO NOT want vista, ive heard it sucks" that is the first thing we always hear, therefore all of our computers are xp pro unless the customer wants vista put on, i'd keep xp...

Well, I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna sell it though. I just wanted to know because I got an offer of $450 for it.

Well, I don't own any other computers and this laptop is in great shape. There is not 1 single scratch on it. The screen is impeccable. I really have no reason to sell this laptop. On the other hand, I really want to build a computer. If I sell the laptop I get $450, then I have another $200 my parents owe me. That's only 650, I could build something quite nice actually. Then again, I can just wait. My green card is supposed to come out this year. If I'm patient enough I think it could wait for it then get a job. And with the job I'd be able to build a nicer computer. Additionally, the Sockets B (Nehalems) will be out by the time I have the money to build a nice computer. The only thing that bugs me about this laptop is that I did not build it lol. I really want to build a computer like I've stated so many times. I can't wait lol.

Back
Top Bottom