Go Back   Computer Forums > Classifieds: Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNI-SmellyCakes View Post
Definitely......overpriced.
Well here's the thing. Apple computers notably share a higher resale value than their PC counterparts, but this is stretching it. If you want to attract more attention, start the price at $1300. That's still higher than a PC notebook with comparable specifications.
__________________

01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #12
Golden Master
 
borat_sagdiyev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,986
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Well here's the thing. Apple computers notably share a higher resale value than their PC counterparts, but this is stretching it. If you want to attract more attention, start the price at $1300. That's still higher than a PC notebook with comparable specifications.
thats double what you'd pay for a pc laptop with even better specs, which would include 4gb of ram, 320gb hard drive, and better graphics chips.
__________________

__________________
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #13
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev View Post
thats double what you'd pay for a pc laptop with even better specs, which would include 4gb of ram, 320gb hard drive, and better graphics chips.
Let's see it then. I'm interested in what you find.
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #14
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Well here's the thing. Apple computers notably share a higher resale value than their PC counterparts, but this is stretching it. If you want to attract more attention, start the price at $1300. That's still higher than a PC notebook with comparable specifications.
i'd start the price at 1300... i have found that i dont need 1500 thanks to some good guys over at insanitech PC. if anyone wants to offer around 1300, I can see what I can do. it is currently pending, but if that falls through, i will let anyone interested know
__________________
GT1300:
500W ThermalTake/Asus P5QL Pro Intel 775/Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 (OC'ed to 3.0)/Rosewill Z3/4GB G.Skill 1066/1 TB Western Digital Black Edition/ 512MB GDDR3 EVGA 9800GTX+ SuperClocked Edition/64-Bit Vista Home Premium

THANK YOU INSANITECH PC!!!
Driek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #15
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driek View Post
i'd start the price at 1300... i have found that i dont need 1500 thanks to some good guys over at insanitech PC. if anyone wants to offer around 1300, I can see what I can do. it is currently pending, but if that falls through, i will let anyone interested know
Good luck with the sale. That's a nice computer you got there.
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Good luck with the sale. That's a nice computer you got there.
yeah it is pretty sweet, but I have a choice: Crap PC with a 5 year old CPU/Motherboard and other 3 year old parts + this Macbook, or keep the Crap PC for music and such and get a better PC for gaming... I want my new PC =D

Insanitech's Computer that is hopefully gonna be built for me

CoolerMaster Case w/ Window
Gigabyte 775 Motherboard
Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz (Overclocked by them)
Rosewill Z3 Heatsink w/ Blue LED's
4GB G.Skill 1066 Ram
500GB Western Digital Harddrive
EVGA 9800GTX 512MB
LG DVD Burner
Vista Home Premium 64-bit
__________________
GT1300:
500W ThermalTake/Asus P5QL Pro Intel 775/Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 (OC'ed to 3.0)/Rosewill Z3/4GB G.Skill 1066/1 TB Western Digital Black Edition/ 512MB GDDR3 EVGA 9800GTX+ SuperClocked Edition/64-Bit Vista Home Premium

THANK YOU INSANITECH PC!!!
Driek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #17
In Runtime
 
hdloademan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 255
Send a message via AIM to hdloademan1 Send a message via MSN to hdloademan1 Send a message via Yahoo to hdloademan1
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driek View Post
yeah it is pretty sweet, but I have a choice: Crap PC with a 5 year old CPU/Motherboard and other 3 year old parts + this Macbook, or keep the Crap PC for music and such and get a better PC for gaming... I want my new PC =D

Insanitech's Computer that is hopefully gonna be built for me

CoolerMaster Case w/ Window
Gigabyte 775 Motherboard
Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz (Overclocked by them)
Rosewill Z3 Heatsink w/ Blue LED's
4GB G.Skill 1066 Ram
500GB Western Digital Harddrive
EVGA 9800GTX 512MB
LG DVD Burner
Vista Home Premium 64-bit
That! for 1300?? wow man. its called newegg.
__________________
OBAMA '08!

If I helped you and it solved the problem pease add to my rep.

JOIN-> http://www.cpudiscussions.com
hdloademan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdloademan1 View Post
That! for 1300?? wow man. its called newegg.
It's not $1300. I just want extra money to buy some games that this one can actually run


From NewEgg:
CoolerMaster Case w/ Window $60.00(assumed)
Gigabyte 775 Motherboard $150.00
Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz (Overclocked by them) $200.00
Rosewill Z3 Heatsink w/ Blue LED's $35.00
4GB G.Skill 1066 Ram $70.00
500GB Western Digital Harddrive $65.00
EVGA 9800GTX 512MB $150.00 - $200.00 (two cards, same description, different price?)
LG DVD Burner $100.00
Vista Home Premium 64-bit $230.00

+ tax and labor cost... would total ~$1300... which it's not.
__________________
GT1300:
500W ThermalTake/Asus P5QL Pro Intel 775/Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 (OC'ed to 3.0)/Rosewill Z3/4GB G.Skill 1066/1 TB Western Digital Black Edition/ 512MB GDDR3 EVGA 9800GTX+ SuperClocked Edition/64-Bit Vista Home Premium

THANK YOU INSANITECH PC!!!
Driek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
bullzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdloademan1 View Post
That! for 1300?? wow man. its called newegg.
It's gotta cost more for labor. 1300 is more than it's going to cost him, i cant build a computer for somebody for free, just isn't going to happen man. Compared to dell or any other business, this is the absolute best price he's going to find. Not to mention the components are MUCH higher quality than dell or alienware's crappy oem components.

Just fyi, a comperable system from alienware with a 9800gt instead of GTX is $1535 shipped. He's getting a much better price for better stuff.
__________________
-Desktop- Dual Monitor, Q8200 2.34Ghz, 8GB, 1TB, XFX 6850, 7 Ultimate
-ASUS UL50- SU7300, 4GB, 500GB, G210M, 7 Home Premium 64, XP Pro
-HP NC6400- Core Duo 1.86Ghz, 2.5GB, 64GB SSD, x1300, XP Pro
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #20
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default Re: Want to Sell MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzi View Post
It's gotta cost more for labor. 1300 is more than it's going to cost him, i cant build a computer for somebody for free, just isn't going to happen man. Compared to dell or any other business, this is the absolute best price he's going to find. Not to mention the components are MUCH higher quality than dell or alienware's crappy oem components.

Just fyi, a comperable system from alienware with a 9800gt instead of GTX is $1535 shipped. He's getting a much better price for better stuff.
yeah I have to say 1200 is worth it, considering I probably could not put it together myself. I'd probably chip the SMALLEST part of something, and ruin it.
__________________

__________________
GT1300:
500W ThermalTake/Asus P5QL Pro Intel 775/Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 (OC'ed to 3.0)/Rosewill Z3/4GB G.Skill 1066/1 TB Western Digital Black Edition/ 512MB GDDR3 EVGA 9800GTX+ SuperClocked Edition/64-Bit Vista Home Premium

THANK YOU INSANITECH PC!!!
Driek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0