just curious

sek3o1

Daemon Poster
i have a uncomplete system i need vista or windows xp with service pack 2 too get either rig to work so i mite just sell it...i have a core 2 duo e6300, 512 ddr2 mem,intel 945 mobo,some kind of cooler not stock i think it cost me 30 bucks or so...200 gig hard drive and a 11 bay x man case.oooh and 2 cd rom drives idk if there dvds or not.....i also have basically the same thing like case and fan and mobo but with 2 gigs of mem,and a e6700...but i want to fix that one....soo tell me what u think its worth.....remember it dosent have a operating system because mine dont have raid drivers on my xp 1 cd.....on another note the power supply supports sata.....but if resonable i will sell umm i also have a 7300 le 512 graphics card...i would put it in the rigim thinking like 450 plus shipping but idk i really dont want to trade but maybe i would if it is good enough

Just download the raid drivers, stick them on a floppy. Then boot your XP CD, and watch the bottom of the screen till it tells you to press F6, then install your drivers and away you go. No need to sell ya rig :)

no i got alot of rigs so i dont mind selling it. cause i want to take the money from the rig and buy vista...i m building a better one ne ways i just want vista so it gots to go...i paid alot more then 450 for it but u kno if someone wants it lety me kno

If your gonna buy vista, Your gonna need atleast 2 gig of RAM. I learned that the hard way when I bought vista. I only had 1 gig when I put Vista Home Premium in my machine and the performance I got out of some programs was Terrible. 2 gig helped alot.. But it wasnt as fast as my computer with XP on it, So I wiped my hard drive clean and reinstalled XP.

Think the Minimum for vista to work anyway is 1 gig for Home Premium and 512 for basic.

gudehus said:
If your gonna buy vista, Your gonna need atleast 2 gig of RAM. I learned that the hard way when I bought vista. I only had 1 gig when I put Vista Home Premium in my machine and the performance I got out of some programs was Terrible. 2 gig helped alot.. But it wasnt as fast as my computer with XP on it, So I wiped my hard drive clean and reinstalled XP.

Think the Minimum for vista to work anyway is 1 gig for Home Premium and 512 for basic.
ummm no....vista works fine on 1 gig

i run ultimate on 1 gb and its fine

what cpu u got?

I got a

AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Geforce 7900GS
2 Gig of Ram (Use to have 1 gig)
250GB hardrive (190)GB Free

Before, When I had XP I ran high demanding Applications such as Medieval 2 Total War with maxed out setting no problem. Then I bought Vista Home Premium and got stutters and had to turn down my graphics to get reasonable FPS. And Yes I disabled Aero, and other things needed to improve performance.

Vista Made me lose about 25-40 % peformance with high demanding applications. Of course Browsing the Net and watching DVD was no problem on Vista... But if your a avid gamer like me it sucks. Takes 512 memory just to run vista, only leaving 50% Free.

Of course there are those people that say vista is awsome and it improves performance.

Its been proven that vista doesnt come close to the Benchmark of XP when running High demanding Applications.

http://techgage.com/article/windows_vista_gaming_performance_reports

lol i kno all of that....just that i cant find the drivers for my hard drive its the second one i bought im tired of messing with this mid range system...it only has a e6300 cpu a intel p945 express board,ummm a cooler for the cpu,200 gig hard drive,512 mem,a 500 or 550 watt power supply 3 fan control settings,a x man 11 bay case and i also have a nividia 512 7300 le gpu......i want vista for my faster rigs...money is tight right now because of bodybuilding it cost alot of mula so i need to sell this too get vista....if not i would just use it for general browaing because all of my other rigs are better i got like 5 now and im building 2 but i have to hold of because of stupid driver problem!!! im aggervated with it. i live in fl and i dont kno ne one on the forum that lives here or i would drive to there house for help but since not this is my only option!!!plus there coming out with faster mem and graphics and crap real soon so in about a year or so when they go to it ill spend about 5-6 grand on one....but for now i would like to sell it if not im going to break it with a sludge hammer!!!its really annoying lol.

Back
Top Bottom