Interested in laptops!

codeOO7

Solid State Member
Hi,
Being a CS undergraduate student, I am planning to buy a laptop for me. Its really very much confusing for me fix a laptop that suits to my academic purpose and my budget( around 1300$)
Can anyone here help me choose the best laptop with latest specs available for that price range! Is mac series a good option for me?

What are you going to be doing? Is it just programming and compiling? If so, then you don't really need a super computer. Something with a decent processor, decent drive and enough memory (8GB should be plenty) and you'll be fine.

Hello!

What's a CS? I don't think that's Counter Strike... or is it?

Do you mean $1300 USD? Where I live that's much for a normal laptop if it's not for heavy gaming.

Without your usage details it's a wild guess. Then after clearing that up you need to find models to compare since laptops are pre-built .

$1300? Buy ASUS ROG instead.

If you're a student don't buy the most expensive one. You use it for studies not for gaming.

But if you want to do study and gaming with one laptop ASUS Zenbook maybe good for you, we upgradeable ssd, 8 gb ram,1tb hdd

Hello!

What's a CS? I don't think that's Counter Strike... or is it?

Do you mean $1300 USD? Where I live that's much for a normal laptop if it's not for heavy gaming.

Without your usage details it's a wild guess. Then after clearing that up you need to find models to compare since laptops are pre-built .
Hi,
CS is computer science actually. No, gaming is not my priority. Being a first year student (just beginner in the undergraduate course) even I am confused about what all usage will be there for the laptop when going further with my studies.
Ok, first I will try to find out that and short list the available models of laptop.
[emoji4]

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

$1300? Buy ASUS ROG instead.

If you're a student don't buy the most expensive one. You use it for studies not for gaming.

But if you want to do study and gaming with one laptop ASUS Zenbook maybe good for you, we upgradeable ssd, 8 gb ram,1tb hdd
Hi,
No, gaming is not my priority

Hi,
CS is computer science actually. No, gaming is not my priority. Being a first year student (just beginner in the undergraduate course) even I am confused about what all usage will be there for the laptop when going further with my studies.
Ok, first I will try to find out that and short list the available models of laptop.
[emoji4]

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Hi,
No, gaming is not my priority
Hi,

For computer science?
Maybe lenovo thinkpad will be good, great multi tasking, i use it for work.

But maybe it will be kinda heavy because the size...

Yeah, purpose is needed. Just Computer Science is not enough. Like will there be audio/video encoding, archiving (file compression), compiling, etc. Audio/video encoding for example could use certain CPU's and video cards.

Was anyone kind enough to read my reply?
Yeah, I read it
[emoji5]

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

Yeah, purpose is needed. Just Computer Science is not enough. Like will there be audio/video encoding, archiving (file compression), compiling, etc. Audio/video encoding for example could use certain CPU's and video cards.
Ok I will try to find out that first

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Hi,

For computer science?
Maybe lenovo thinkpad will be good, great multi tasking, i use it for work.

But maybe it will be kinda heavy because the size...
Ok, thank you for suggestion[emoji5]

Back
Top Bottom