Go Back   Computer Forums > Classifieds: Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Send a message via AIM to daboogyman
Arrow Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

Hey all.

I'm heading off to college and am wondering what my computer might be worth... just a ballpark figure.

It's a desktop; here are the specs:

Antec LANBOY (original) case with window and CS etching:
Windows XP Professional (academic)
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (OC'd to 2.12GHz and running stable for two years)
CoolerMaster Vortec CPU Fan (Adjustable on front bezel)
512MB Kingston DDR PC2100 RAM
ATI 4x/8x Radeon 9550 128 AGP (with custom blue LED fan on heatsink)
120GB Seagate Hard Drive
16GB Seagate Hard Drive (secondary)
52x CD-RW
8x DVD-RW
Floppy! :-)
Two extra case fans
Decent wire management


If someone could give me a ballpark, that'd be great.

I have a tuition bill coming soon :-/.
__________________

__________________
[L] Gateway MX6454 | AMD Tution 64 X2 | 2GB DDR | ATI Radeon X Series | 120GB Seagate (new) | Windows MCE (Legit)

[D] Custom | AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (~2.2GHz) | 512MB DDR | ATI Radeon 9550 (core 450MHz) | 120GB Seagate | Windows XP Pro (Legit)
daboogyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

Probably around the 70-100 mark which if you are in usa is about $140-$200
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboogyman View Post
Hey all.

I'm heading off to college and am wondering what my computer might be worth... just a ballpark figure.

It's a desktop; here are the specs:

Antec LANBOY (original) case with window and CS etching:
Windows XP Professional (academic)
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (OC'd to 2.12GHz and running stable for two years)
CoolerMaster Vortec CPU Fan (Adjustable on front bezel)
512MB Kingston DDR PC2100 RAM
ATI 4x/8x Radeon 9550 128 AGP (with custom blue LED fan on heatsink)
120GB Seagate Hard Drive
16GB Seagate Hard Drive (secondary)
52x CD-RW
8x DVD-RW
Floppy! :-)
Two extra case fans
Decent wire management


If someone could give me a ballpark, that'd be great.

I have a tuition bill coming soon :-/.
$160-170, however you cannot legally sell your copy of XP with that computer.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #4
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 276
Send a message via AIM to TheBurninator Send a message via MSN to TheBurninator
Default Re: Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

well technically he could if he bought the academic version from a retail store or online website
__________________
Current Rigs:
-EE3T: x2 160gb HDD , X2 6400+, Visiontek and Sapphire 3870's in Crossfire, 2GB Patriot DDR2 1066, 500w dual-rail, Sony DVD-RW.
TheBurninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
BSOD
 
rot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
Default Re: Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurninator View Post
well technically he could if he bought the academic version from a retail store or online website
Yes you can, I got xp professional academic license for free through my college and you can legally install it on as many machiens as you like. But I'm not 100% if youre allowed to profit from it or not, just lend it to someone for free
rot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
BSOD
 
rot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
Default Re: Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

Looking at it Id say its worth about 100 because it's kinda dated these days, you might get more by stripping it down and selling some bits individually like somebody will want a 160GB HDD and somebody else might offer a fair price for the CDRW etc., YMMV.
rot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,946
Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice
Default Re: Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

Yeah like 150-200 US bucks.
__________________
Juice
P4 2.4GHz, 1.5Gb, 40Gb.
PowerBook G4 867MHz, 1Gb, 60Gb.
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #8
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Interest Check: Slight Gaming Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
Yes you can, I got xp professional academic license for free through my college and you can legally install it on as many machiens as you like. But I'm not 100% if youre allowed to profit from it or not, just lend it to someone for free
Can never resell, if microsoft catches you reselling it They totally pwned some guy that sold a single academic copy
__________________

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0