Go Back   Computer Forums > Classifieds: Buy | Sell | Trade
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default i need a new pc

hey every1, i'm new here and just wanted some feedback on what sort of desktop computer i should get for gaming mostly. also i want a video card that i can watch tv using my pc. i just bought a 19" lcd monitor (diamond digital 8ms) which i am happy with but i was looking at upgrading the rest of my computer. i am currently running a p4 2.4Ghz but was looking at perhaps getting a "Intel Pentium 4 '630' CPU - LGA775, 3.0GHz, 2Mb, 800MHz" or a "Intel Pentium D '920' CPU - LGA775, 2.8GHz, 2x2Mb, 800MHz". also what sort of motherboard can you sugguest and also if you can tell me the limits of this motherboard (ie whats the best processor it can run as i might upgrade that at a later date) and what other components can you sugguest for a gaming machine. also if anyone knows of some good websites to go to buy this please let me know. i am based at the gold coast (near brisbane) in australia.

blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to badninja3
Default Re: i need a new pc

try copying and pasting this into the General Computer Hardware And Software section. u will get better results there.

badninja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to ♂ăR┼▀▀ « Send a message via MSN to ♂ăR┼▀▀ « Send a message via Yahoo to ♂ăR┼▀▀ «

That is a really good place to buy computer parts, i built my whole pc there and I know many others on this site have too.
www.cheek2pillow.com -My Short Films.
♂ăR┼▀▀ « is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #4
Golden Master
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

If you're into gaming, you should get an AMD processor, they are better for gaming. Something like an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or an AMD Athlon X2 3800+ (dual core). With a gig of ram and a pci express video card (you can add a tv tuner to watch tv, they are pretty inexpensive), and an SATA hard drive you should be just fine for playing games. Yes look on http://www.newegg.com , they have great deals there.

a mod should move this to the general section.
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote