Go Back   Computer Forums > Classifieds: Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
Exclamation How much can i sell this new computer ?

Hey, i really need help on pricing my newly built custom pc. Can someone give me a how much its worth ?

Specs

Amd phenom II 955 BE- 3,2 ghz

Diamond hd 4890

4 GB G.skill DDr3

1 TB Hard drive

Vista ultimate 64 bit

1000w PSU

Nzxt Tempest case - 6 fans

Samsung DVD burner / lightscribe





__________________

cranos666 is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

About 60 - 75% of what you paid for it.
__________________

Atomic Rooster is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
Golden Master
 
worshipme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

About $750 IMO.
__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
About 60 - 75% of what you paid for it.
Hey thx for the answer but like its new should it not be more than what i paid for due to the labor?
cranos666 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranos666 View Post
Hey thx for the answer but like its new should it not be more than what i paid for due to the labor?
It depends. If you are trying to sell it to a computer illiterate person, you may be able to get what you paid for it or slightly under. If it's a computer literate person, it's kind of like a value of a new car--as soon as you drive it off the lot, the value drops dramatically..even though it's only slightly used. I'd say 70-75% of what you paid for it possibly. But you should expect slightly lower. I know it's kind of a bummer, but that's just how the technology works. It's the same for lots of other technology items...music equipment and instruments, TVs, etc., etc.

Ah. And I'm not sure where you ordered from, but you can price it out here. This will give you a good indication of a starting point.
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
Cool Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
It depends. If you are trying to sell it to a computer illiterate person, you may be able to get what you paid for it or slightly under. If it's a computer literate person, it's kind of like a value of a new car--as soon as you drive it off the lot, the value drops dramatically..even though it's only slightly used. I'd say 70-75% of what you paid for it possibly. But you should expect slightly lower. I know it's kind of a bummer, but that's just how the technology works. It's the same for lots of other technology items...music equipment and instruments, TVs, etc., etc.

Ah. And I'm not sure where you ordered from, but you can price it out here. This will give you a good indication of a starting point.
Thanks for the answer. I was reallly not expecting to sell it for less then what i bought it for coz i saw ppl on ebay who manage to sell custom computers for way more than their part by part total value .
ps:i u can , look at this post on ebay i have the same new pc with more features (windows ultimate and 1000 psu)he is selling it for 1500
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-Phenom-II-955-3-2Ghz-Quad-Core-AM3-Gaming-Computer_W0QQitemZ290329781837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZD esktop_PCs?hash=item439900e64d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1 4&_trkparms=65:12|66:4|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:200# ht_3109wt_1165
cranos666 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
In Runtime
 
Sedah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 132
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranos666 View Post
Thanks for the answer. I was reallly not expecting to sell it for less then what i bought it for coz i saw ppl on ebay who manage to sell custom computers for way more than their part by part total value .
ps:i u can , look at this post on ebay i have the same new pc with more features (windows ultimate and 1000 psu)he is selling it for 1500
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-Phenom-II-955-3-2Ghz-Quad-Core-AM3-Gaming-Computer_W0QQitemZ290329781837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZD esktop_PCs?hash=item439900e64d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1 4&_trkparms=65:12|66:4|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:200# ht_3109wt_1165
lol then give ebay a go, it never hurts. who knows mayb you'l get more than you'll ask for
__________________
http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=18238
Sedah is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
MooseMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,627
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

I will add that your computer specs you listed is missing a very important part to a whole lot of people: a video card. Most people that need that much power are most likely going to be doing something that is video intensive, such as gaming. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a difficult time selling it at a price you are looking for without a video card.
__________________
.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=42655
MooseMan is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan View Post
I will add that your computer specs you listed is missing a very important part to a whole lot of people: a video card. Most people that need that much power are most likely going to be doing something that is video intensive, such as gaming. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a difficult time selling it at a price you are looking for without a video card.
Quote:
Diamond hd 4890
.
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
MooseMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,627
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: How much can i sell this new computer ?

oh wow, fail on my part. I didn't pickup the HD 4890 number like I normally would if it was an Nvidia card. I haven't been keeping up with ATi's stuff ever since AMD bought them. That, I forgot about diamond's too. My bad.
__________________

__________________
.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=42655
MooseMan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0