Originally Posted by Singularity
Wow. Are you joking? I can build a rig way better than that for cheap. Here's what I put together for $1400.00:
CASE : HOT NEW! Xplorer Mid-Tower Case 600W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (Black Case w/Black Face)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON™64 3700+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset (Optional, I can also give a MSI or DFi)
SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/Gb-LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair XMS High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GTX 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : NONE
HARD DRIVE : 120GB Hard Drive (Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA 133 Hard Drive)
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : SONY DWQ-28A DUAL FORMAT 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : SONY 16X DVD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
You charge 1500 for 2 6600 GT's? Are you joking? That's the worst deal I've ever seen. Stop charging more for less.
Anyone interested in me building them a rig hit me up.
This kid is a joke.
Maybe you should be aware of some of these factors:
1) Im not using the $10 power supply they put stock in cases, im using a top of the line PSU unit, costing over $100
2) Im not using the lowest quality HDD made, Seagate is known for great reliability and performance. But thats beside the point. Maybe you arnt aware that the last computer ive seen with IDE was a good couple years ago. SATA's performance increase is more than double that of IDE. Im also using (2) 80G's in a RAID 0 configuration, to boost the speed even more.
3) Im not using an onboard sound device. Doing this will bottle-neck your computer to no other.
4) Im not aware or not if your case is steel or aluminum, but i doubt its aluminum, and since its steel, the internal parts will have a higher temperature. You also have a mid-tower, your case is worth about 1/3 of the one im using.
5) That price included shipping.
6) I dont see any operating system on there??? Those arnt to cheap...
So basically the only up you have is the video card, which is about +$100. So if i build that PC it would be closer to the $1300 or less range... Thank you for your input, but maybe when you learn something about computers, come back and see me.
so really you made a way "worser" rig...