How To Do Effective SEO Keyword Research

JCB1

Daemon Poster
With any website it is very important that you drive traffic to it. To do this you need to do Effective SEO Keyword Research. The first thing I would recommend you to do is find out which keywords are performing the best on your website then build a shortlist of keywords you want to target.

Contents
Intro - A Beginners Guide to Search Engine Optimization
Step 1 - Finding a Websites Best Performing Keywords
Step 2 - How To Do Effective SEO Keyword Research
Step 3 - How To Configure On Page SEO
Step 4 - Effective Off Page SEO Tutorial

We need to target “Longtail keywords” as we have a higher chance of ranking top for these keywords. Longtail keywords are basically sentences or lots of words. We don't want to try to rank for keywords such as “Dog” or “Lead” as there are simply to many other websites trying to rank for this keyword. We should try to rank for keywords such as “Cheap New Dog Leads UK” as they are much easier to rank high for.

We also need to target longtail keywords that are searched for alot in search engines. We don't want to waste our time ranking number 1 for the keyword “Cheap New Dog Leads” if there are only 10 searches made for this keyword per month.

So to summarise we are looking for a longtail keyword with little competition and as many searches as possible. Continue below for steps on how to find these keywords.

First thing we need to do it see how many searches a keyword gets, To do this we are going to use the google keyword tool. Not only will this show us how many searches are made for a keyword it will also suggest similar keywords that we can use, go to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal to access the tool. Ideally we should have a list of 20+ keywords which we will enter in to the tool. Enter the keywords and then hit search.

When the search has finished sort the results by “Approx Avg Search Volume” showing the highest at the top. Now note down the top 20 keywords.

Now we need to see how completive the keyword is. Go to www.google.com and starting at the top of your keyword list you extracted from the above enter each keyword in to google and note down how many results are found. If I go to google and type in “Dog Lead” i get over 1 million results, this means that there are over 1 million pages in google trying to rank for this keyword. We want to find keywords with far less traffic than that.

Once you have found a keyword you want to rank for we need to check the on-page SEO and also do a few off-page SEO tricks in order to rank for these keywords.

[FONT=&quot]I want to take this opportunity to say thanks for sharing such a useful article. It would help me to generate ideas for preferred niche ! [/FONT]

FYI : I have just made a video for this guide and have uploaded to youtube

Back
Top Bottom