Go Back   Computer Forums > Articles | Tutorials | Tech Notes > Articles | Computer and Server Software
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
Site Team
Default Print spooler service is not running

I have come acorss the issue of the windows print spooler service keeps stopping on windows xp and I decided to write up what I did to fix the Issue print spooler service is not running

Resolution For – print spooler service is not running

-First thing to check is if there is an updated version of your printer driver. An out of date driver could be causing the issue of print spooler service is not running. Go to the printers official website and search for an updated driver.

-Run windows update, it is possible that microsoft have released a hotfix which fixes the issue Print Spooler Service Keeps Stopping.

-Corupt print job causing this? Stop the spooler service and go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete any files in there and then restart your print spooler

-Delete all printers from the printer folder. While in the printers folder also go up to File > Server Properties and delete all of the drivers listed.

-Check the eventvwr for spooler issues. Click start and run and type in eventvwr hit enter, look in the application + security sections for errors about the print spooler, if you find any google the error code to see if there are any specific fixes for the Print Spooler Keeps Stopping error

-Try a different printer driver, the printer driver might not be compatable with your version of windows / printer. If you are using a hp laserjet 4050 driver try using the hp laserjet 4000 driver

-Scan your computer for spyware / viruses If you have any other ways you have fixed “print spooler service is not running” problem , please post about it in a comment. Print Spooler Service Keeps Stopping Thanks

My Info :Ex-Owner of Computer Forums .org -- CCA in Citrix Presentation Server 4 + 5 + Xenserver 5.5
Site Info
: Free System Recovery Disk - Latest Articles - Latest Posts - Site Rules
More Info
: If you have any Questions Send Me A PM
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
Beta Member
Default Re: Print spooler service is not running

There are basically three main reason why this this error comes -
1 .Corrupted or outdated driver or Corupt print job causing this
2 Print spooler service is set to manual
3 .Virus/spyware