List of Useful Windows 7 windows key Shortcuts

JCB1

Daemon Poster
All keyboards these days have the windows button on them, located next to the alt and ctrl key on the left hand side of your keyboard. But how many of us actually use the windows key?? Why dont people use this handy button?? Because they don't know what key strokes to use!! In this guide I am going to list a few keystrokes which you can learn.

List of Useful Windows 7 Shortcut Keystrokes

Window Key + E

This will open a new windows explorer window. Using this shortcut keystroke is much quicker then minimising all your windows and then double clicking on my computer.

Windows key + P

If you are in windows explorer and have highlighted a file hit windows key + P for windows to show you a preview of that file.

Windows key + Up / Down

If you want to maximize the current window you are in simply click windows key + up. If you want to minimize the current window click on windows key + down.

Windows key + Shift + Up / Down

If you hold down windows key + Shift + Up this will stretch the current window to the maximium desktop height but the width will stay the same. If you press windows key + Shift + Down the window will revert to its original position.

Windows key + Left / Right

This will maximise the height of the active window, then display the window on just the left / right side of the screen, depending if you press the left or right button.

Windows key + Home

This will minimise all open windows apart from the active window.

Windows key + T

This will switch between all open windows, press enter to maximise and make active the window you want.

Windows key + Number

You can launch new programs that you have pinned to your taskbar by doing the following, simply press the Windows key and then the number corresponding to that program on your taskbar, ie. 1 will launch the first program there

Windows + Space

Minimises all window screens tempary so you can see your desktop. The active window will pop back on your screen when you have released the windows key

Windows Key + R

Launches the Run command.

Windows Key + L

Locks the computer

Do you know of a windows key combernation I have missed?? Post it in this thread and I will add to the guide

Windows Key + R

Launches the Run command.

Windows Key + L

Locks the computer

Very handy the Windows key + # is going to be used a lot by me now at work to quickly launch things and move between them if i dont want to reach for the mouse thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom