How RAM can make a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding several RAMs are not a solution to built up a powerful PC. Somehow it was more depend on processor too. If you use a high speed processor then more than 50% of your problem is solved.

There's a lot of variables in giving your system a kick in the backside. CPU speed and ram are but a part of a large equation.

Nice article. Too bad it's not quite entirely correct.

Adding more RAM will NOT necessarily speed up your computer. It depends on whether the particular mix of applications you are running uses all of your existing physical RAM to the point where the system has to swap part of memory to disk. If you're running into that situation then adding more RAM will improve things, otherwise no.

Additional RAM will allow you to run more applications simultaneously but won't necessarily speed your system up.

My first system had 128K of RAM. I doubled that to 256K but the system didn't run any faster. It did make a difference as to which RAM hungry applications I could run or not.

128K. I How in the world did the computer even start?:confused:

What about the Front Side Bus (FSB) speed?

This bus connects the CPU to the main system memory array.

The faster the FSB is, the faster you can get data to the processor and the faster it can do work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom