eMail query

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Just before Christmas I received an email that appears to have got 'lost'. I did open it and read it at the time of receipt.

I now need to deal with it and I cannot find it anywhere. I have 'searched' the in box, junk, spam, deleted and pretty much everywhere but just cannot find it anywhere. I know for certain that I didn't delete it because I was aware that I needed to deal with it at some point.

It was sent to my 'gmail' address.

Does anyone know of anything else that I can try in order to find it please.

many thanks.

You can try a search but you will need to know some details that were in the email.

1. On your computer, open Gmail.
  2. In the search box, click the Down arrow .
  3. Click the All Mail drop down, then select Mail & Spam & Trash.
  4. Enter some information that's in the missing email. ...
  5. At the bottom of the box, click Search .
Give that a whirl. That's a direct copy from my Google query "find a lost email in gmail."

Guess you'll have to improvise. Try remembering the date and time of the email and manually check for it if the automatic search did not help. Maybe you forgot some of the key features of the original email or got it mixed up in the search process.

Thank you so much for your input chaps. I haven't got anywhere with my searches.

It really is all very strange. I know for absolute certainty that I would not have deleted it as it was quite important. Even if I did delete it (due to it being an age thing!) surely it would have remained in the 'deleted' folder.

Thanks again for the help. I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

You might try contacting the admin for your email provider to see if they can help. They will probably need to know enough info to positively locate the email you are looking for.

I've personally used hotmail for more than 20 years now. About 5 years ago, I noticed that an email that I have kept since I first started using hotmail was missing. I contacted MS and told them about it. The next day that email was back!

Back
Top Bottom