Laptop won't tether

I used to be able to tether from this phone to this laptop tho. Some people even use tethering on their phone to get Netflix.

I am assuming you did command prompt procedure when it showed it's connected when tethering?

Also, When it says connected can you browse internet on phone? Signal showing full bars on your phone?

Does not resolve means it is not connected to internet. Try command ‘ipconfig' if it doesn't show gateway most likely it is not connected.

I am assuming you did command prompt procedure when it showed it's connected when tethering?

Also, When it says connected can you browse internet on phone? Signal showing full bars on your phone?

Does not resolve means it is not connected to internet. Try command ‘ipconfig' if it doesn't show gateway most likely it is not connected.

Hi, oh, I'll turn on the hotspot and do it hold on. It went to that white connected screen. I'm on the internet alot on my phone.
It always has enuff signal strength. I'm only about 40 minutes from downtown Kansas City, Mo. Right now it has 4 out of 5 bars. I uploaded pics. I took one pic of flash on and one flash off, hope I got the right ones and they're readable.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1208191429a_Film3.jpg
    1208191429a_Film3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1208191430_Film3.jpg
    1208191430_Film3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1208191432_Film3.jpg
    1208191432_Film3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 7
Ok. These are the following steps you can try

1. It seems you are connecting through hotspot WiFi but no internet. First disconnect WiFi on your phone. Update your drivers on your computer for hotspot WiFi and try again.

2. Try using hotspot with usb cable from phone to pc. You have to update drivers and follow same procedure as above.

3. If still fails try in another PC and call your data plan provider and verify they are not blocking anything.

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-no-internet-connection-on-windows-10-mobile-hotspot/

Ok. These are the following steps you can try

1. It seems you are connecting through hotspot WiFi but no internet. First disconnect WiFi on your phone. Update your drivers on your computer for hotspot WiFi and try again.

2. Try using hotspot with usb cable from phone to pc. You have to update drivers and follow same procedure as above.

3. If still fails try in another PC and call your data plan provider and verify they are not blocking anything.

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-no-internet-connection-on-windows-10-mobile-hotspot/[/

I tried updating the Realtek driver and it says it's the latest. I went in device manager and everything in network adapters was enabled. I called straighttalk the other day and they see no problems with tethering or data usage.

Attachments

• 1209192236_Film3.jpg
    1209192236_Film3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1209192234_Film3.jpg
    1209192234_Film3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1209192216a_Film3.jpg
    1209192216a_Film3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 4
Neither my old smartphone or my laptop will tether off my current phone w straight talk anymore. I tried again yesterday on my old phone, no internet. I'm thinking straight talk might be pulling a fast one as well to keep their data down, not sure. I'm not sure but more and more straight talk customers could be finding out tethering is included and not buying their hotspot card, Idk.I may have to change services if I connect with something else.

I would suspect that be the case. Try AT&T

Sorry Titan, I didn't see ur reply for awhile. Thanks, it's fairly urgent. I'd like to get a domain name and start building a website for my hobby. I can't really do that on my phone. I'll take lappie to Wal-Mart and see in a bit, they got free WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom