Random Chit Chat

Happy to say that my PC's been rock solid. Replaced the mobo, PSU and video card. before then I had all kinds of quirks. I got the feeling that my old PSU was weak from aging.

I think my old mobo (bought 8-18) are still good and maybe my old V C too but not so sure about that.

I guess BP with medication should be that good. Hopefully it always stays that good.

I'd check the warranty of that old PSU. Maybe it's long enough to be valid now. Sever years shouldn't have such an impact. Unless something wrong was done with it. Something like throwing the computer out of a window. I'd check the mobo too. It could be acting up in the power department.

The PSU lasted way beyond the warranty period. It was the Bronze model so I think it was a 3 year warranty. You may be right about the board but it was pretty solid with the R3 2200g CPU.

When I put in the R5 2600 it never worked right. Even the bios was better than called for.

I got it right off. :lol:

You'd have to realize that when the products are made they are made in quantities. They go through QC and that's only for tolerances. Every single component can't be checked but as a unit.

Any components can fall under tolerances at anytime and the product degrades.

This Seasonic 520 PSU had seen 3 upgrades and ran em. It's time to retire. It had served me well but probably still good for smaller systems.

I just looked at my order history at Newegg. I bought this PSU at 3-1-13. That's little over 6 years old.

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-m12...n-520w/p/N82E16817151093?Item=N82E16817151093

Last edited:
The company that I just retired from called my son and scheduled an interview with him for the job I just left! If my son gets the job it will be a real win.

He doesn't have the 30+ years of experience that I have but he's a pretty capable consultant nonetheless. Hopefully, they'll give him the chance to prove himself.

I recently validated of my AMD FX-6300 6 core processor at 3762.28 MHz and the specs says it can be overclocked from 3.5 GHz up to 4.1 GHz and it is not bad for AMD FX-6300 6 core processor

Back
Top Bottom