Random Chit Chat

Hey root, they rust! And if bad enough will blow out all the way. They use the cheapest steel they can. And there are other things that can cause them to rust... way faster if enough hard water is used to top off radiators. Back where i come from, Using water to fill or top off the radiators caused radiators to clog up. Hardest in the U.S. i think.on top of hard water, we also had sulphur in the water in some parts of our state. Both are not good for radiators! I used anti-freeze with top off in distilled water. It only costs what, 50 cents a gallon back then. I still use that but now that we are using ro water i can safely use that.

I had jobs where the freeze plugs won't stay in the block. Probably due to sloppy bores. We tried gluing them in with Loc-Tite but the heat and pressure destroys the glue.

Son:"Daddy, I fell in love & want to date this awesome girl!"
Father: "That's great son. Who is she?"
Son: "It's Sandra, the neighbor's daughter"
father: "Ohhh I wish you hadn't said that.

I have to tell u something son, but you must promise not to tell your
mother. Sandra is actually your sister.
"The boy is naturally bummed out, but a couple of months later ...

Son: "Daddy, I fell in love again and she is even hotter!"
Father: "That's great son. Who is she?"
Son: "It's Angela, the other neighbor's daughter."
Father: "Ohhhh I wish you hadn't said that.Angela is also your sister."

This went on couple of times and the son was so mad, he went straight to his Mother crying.

Son:"Mum I am so mad at dad! I fell in love with six girls but I can't
date any of them because dad is their father!"
The mother hugs him affectionately and says: "My love, you can date whoever you want. Dont listen to him He isn't your father."

Bruce Wayne & Clark Kent are relaxing over a beer. Bruce asks Clark "How was your day?"

CK: I'd rather not talk about it.
BW: Why's that?
CK: I was out flying this afternoon & as I went over a cornfield, I saw Wonder Woman naked in a crop circle.
BW: Wow, what was she doing?
CK: Just laying on her back with her legs apart.
BW: Wow, what did you do?
CK: I did what any other red blooded super-hero would have done. I unzipped & swooped straight down between her legs.
BW: That must have surprised her.
CK: It did - but not as much as the Invisible Man...

In Court the Judge says to a double-homicide defendant.

"You're charged with beating your wife to death with a hammer." A voice at the back of the courtroom yells out, "You bastard!" The judge says, "You're also charged with beating your Mother-in-law to death with a hammer." The voice in the back of the courtroom yells out, "You rotten bastard!" The judge stops and says to the guy in the back of the courtroom,

"Sir, I can understand your anger and frustration at these crimes but no more outbursts from you or I'll charge you with contempt. Is that understood?"

The guy in the back of the court stands up and says, "I'm Sorry, Your Honour, but for fifteen years I've lived next door to that bastard and every time I asked to borrow a hammer, he said he didn't have one."

I saw a Spanish magician last night who said he would disappear on the count of 3.

He waved his magic wand and said;

"Uno"....

"Dos"....

PFFFF!!!!

And he had disappeared without a tres.

Hey, smart guy, random question, what is considered "suitable business attire" in your part of the world? (High end sort of traditional business, think more bank than tech startup.)

I'm assuming not suits in 50degree heat?!

Let's see... nationals wear the national dress and depending of formality it could be a garb only:
688600.jpg

up to a garb + three-piece head wear + some kinda cowl:
1000_a2a6b011ba.jpg

They come in different colors and white is the preferable for obvious reasons. I wear garb only but in special events I put on the head wear and that's the norm for bankers and administrative positions (I'm a technical secretary). That cowl I wear in specific cases that concern being in executive position like siblings' weddings (never had an executive job).

Nationals rarely wear suits locally but foreigners do most of the time (maybe just without coats for expats) in this heat which is typically 40-45C in summer. God help them in the really hot days. Our garbs are practical in this regard.

thanks,
confirmed by our client (who are bringing us in on their bigger project) suits, (and ties) are apparently needed.

i'm sure I'd work better if I wasn't being cooked... (Currently 47 degrees where i'm headed...)

won't even be able to get a cold beer at the end of the day :(

No problem.

Yeah, foreign guests (suppliers, subcontractors, partners, etc.) do come to my work place in full suit attire and expats dress up like so in formal occasions. I personally received some of them without my head gear in some events that do not concern me attending meetings.

From the looks of it (47c and no beer), you're headed somewhere around here? AFAIK that applies only here in KSA. I heard in UAE it's the same but not sure when it comes to beer. I'm guessing non-alcoholic beer is out of the question?

Oh, I think today is one of those days. It got to 48c on my way back home today. The car felt it!

Back
Top Bottom