Random Chit Chat

Looks like the project is determined by what's available. I got the 24" x 48" MDF and some square dowels plus some hardware.
Do you have a table saw for cutting up that sheet? One reason I'm not trying to build a box for my unit is because I no longer have a table saw. Had one for 40 years but sold it when we moved to a smaller place 4 years ago.

I have a wall mounted shelf that I am going to mount my unit to the underside of. I've got all my parts and will be assembling everything today.

I've already setup the unit on my bench for testing purposes. It sounds pretty good with the little bookshelf speakers I have.

Whew! Got all the pieces cut out. As expected nothing will fit perfectly til I'm done with the sandpaper for custom fitting. That'll have to wait til next month.

Tools I bought today: (from HFT)

The cut pieces: (16" x 11" x 8" (give or take :D))

Here's a pic of my little $14 car stereo project. Right now I have the speakers sitting on the shelf just for the picture but will hang them on the wall about 6 feet apart for better separation. In the upper left of the pic you can see the antenna which I mounted using a funnel I had laying around. I only have it there so it could be in the picture but will move it to higher on the wall for (hopefully) better reception.

In the pic it's playing music from a local FM station, I also have a 16GB usb thumb drive full of my favorite tunes inserted into the front of the unit (right side). You can't see it very well because it's tiny, only the size of the very tip of my thumb.

Attachments

• 20190417_102249.jpg
    20190417_102249.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 4
:lol: Cool beans.

I just got some sandpaper and sanding block for custom fitting the pieces.

It's a little warm outside today, I don't want to sweat. It can wait.

Back
Top Bottom