Random Chit Chat

I am not sure if i did or not. I went to check on something and it was at the bios screen where it asked which hard drive to start up and when i started the windows10 it finished the updates so i didn't check it to see what upgrades it did. I leave the computer on all the time for weather service but something like this can come in and mess things up. Issue solved but threw my connection off line for awhile.:mad: i thought i had the settings set to let me know when it had upgrades but not download or install them. I think windows 10 did it to itself!!:confused: i really need to go and update both w7 and 10 i guess...

Eventually you're going to need W10 then on. W7 is being phased out.

Anyway, my car is down. Cold started this morning and got a squealing noise from under the hood and the CEL came on. Code P0340 meaning my cam position sensor is bad.

Time to replace the whole unit. $60 for the part.

Shit, I'm going back to bed with my Fire tablet and watch Star Trek Enterprise.

Another thing i could have feedback on. I have two separate Hard drives on this computer. One has windows 7 and the other has windows 10 on it. Can a virus get from one drive to another or can it only screw up the drive in use at the time a bug slips in?

Good question. If you use only one drive at a time but both are running together it is possible for both to get infected.

I'm not sure of this though.

One works the other one don't. I have to upgrade and install updates each disc at a time. I can't access one from the other i have tried. Still.. i guess i came out with a good question.

That would mean the other can't get infected by the one running. Made me curious though. Do you see only one drive letter like C:/ and not C:/ and D:/?

I partitioned my main drive to C:/ and D:/. My DVDR is E:/ and my other HDD is F:/.

Whichever drive i am on, it says c: the d: and e: are dvd and blueray drives. Don't matter which hard drive i select. Thats all i see. I would think c: would be one drive and d: the other but no. Maybe because there are no partitions on the same drive? Two separate drives give the same c: as they only see the current drive not a partition? That is my guess, But now back to the question, if one gets a bug, can it affect the other drive? I would say no, but then they are still installed on the same motherboard....

Back
Top Bottom